+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to basics - the system that worked

Back to basics - the system that worked

Our best football this season is when we played 3511 with Crooks in behind Smith. We need to go back to that system to start all games to the end of the season get some confidence back and go from there.
    My team assuming all fit for Sat

Viking
    Ike Wood, Angus
    Olusundae, Barlaser Lindsay Wing Harding
    Crooks
    Smith
    The only one out of position is Harding but he played well there when we had the good run with this system

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    Our best football this season is when we played 3511 with Crooks in behind Smith. We need to go back to that system to start all games to the end of the season get some confidence back and go from there.
    My team assuming all fit for Sat

Viking
    Ike Wood, Angus
    Olusundae, Barlaser Lindsay Wing Harding
    Crooks
    Smith
    The only one out of position is Harding but he played well there when we had the good run with this system
    I agree. Poss Wiles for Wing

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I agree. Poss Wiles for Wing
    Yep go with it now till end of season fitness and suspensions allowing. If we have to have fill ins put square pegs in square holes at least eg Giles or Clark at LB Olasunde or Harding at RB. if we are really desperate for a RB put Wiles there as a last resort.

It is pointless playing 4 4 2 if we don't have to We have not played it all season so no point in doing it now. The players are not familiar with it and it showed on Monday.If it is just to get Ogbene in the team forget it. If Ogbene dunt play this season it dunt matter its more important that we stay up than we give him games.

The main man who is back from injury now is Lyndsey. He has to be a starter every time for me if fit as do Johanson, Tree, Smith, Wood, Icky, Harding, Goose. The other places can be filled according to form or for tactical reasons.

Needs changing. 4-5-1 Johansson; Olosunde Ihiekwe A McDonald Harding; Ogbene Lindsay Barlaser Wing Sadlier; Ladapo

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Needs changing. 4-5-1 Johansson; Olosunde Ihiekwe A McDonald Harding; Ogbene Lindsay Barlaser Wing Sadlier; Ladapo
    No Vickers ? You fell out with him.
    And Freddie is a better option than Smith in a one man strikeforce,I don`t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    No Vickers ? You fell out with him.
    And Freddie is a better option than Smith in a one man strikeforce,I don`t think so.
    We need goals. Ladapo looks more likely in that department than Smith

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    We need goals. Ladapo looks more likely in that department than Smith
    But as an outlet for the defence, to hold the ball to bring others into the game? Lapado surely can't do that as well as Smith?

How many goals has ladapo got when he's started and how many from the bench.

Smith our leading goal scorer. Doomed,. Doomed I say.

Confidence is what we need, a big inoculation of it, and quick

What we need is what every football club needs, whether you are at the top or the bottom, 3 points. The rest will soon follow. Winning breeds confidence.

Agreed about switching back to what worked. Freddie as an impact player because otherwise we have to turn to Hirst and we know how nothing will happen if that's the case.

Rather Giles play LWB for obvious reasons, even if he isn't great defensively. But if his heart truly isn't in it then play Clarke, his will be at least.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast