+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ye Olde Matchdaye Chatte Roome

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone remember the days of the match day chatroom? Was it on R1vals or before that? I remember listening to Uncle Colin on my 192k BT Highway connection deep in the Yorkshire Dales on a dodgy akamai stream and typing what he said in his commentary as fast as I could into the chat box so those fans in far flung places could have some rough textual idea of what was going on. Blimey the internet has changed fast. Streaming with live pictures in glorious Technicolour. Who'd have thunk it eh?

Anyone else remember? I seem to recall that was where St. Comeoneth made his/her first appearance and the name was invoked thereafter any time we needed a late equaliser/winner.
    I used to be on Rivals as ArnoldPie in around 2000/2001ish I think (Scardino era?). I think there was a chat room on there but didn’t use it much as I went to pretty much every game at that time, home and away. Can remember a regular poster called Jolly Pie or something like that. Always talking about his dog (Molly?). Or did I make that up...?

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterMagpie View Post
    I used to be on Rivals as ArnoldPie in around 2000/2001ish I think (Scardino era?). I think there was a chat room on there but didn’t use it much as I went to pretty much every game at that time, home and away. Can remember a regular poster called Jolly Pie or something like that. Always talking about his dog (Molly?). Or did I make that up...?
    Oh the lovely Jolly, and yes he did have a dog called Molly. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Oh the lovely Jolly, and yes he did have a dog called Molly. Happy days.
    Did Molly or Jolly suffer from regular ear infections?

Or have I finally lost the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Did Molly or Jolly suffer from regular ear infections?

Or have I finally lost the plot?
    I have no idea. On either count

Who was it that always used to sign off with 'Cheers m'dears, I'm off for beers'?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Who was it that always used to sign off with 'Cheers m'dears, I'm off for beers'?
    Howard Kendall ?

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Howard Kendall ?

The chat rooms/forums/boards used to be a lot more fun and interesting back in those days; some real characters and great humour. What has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    The chat rooms/forums/boards used to be a lot more fun and interesting back in those days; some real characters and great humour. What has happened?
    Brexit, Boris, Corbin and Laddo, that's what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I have no idea. On either count
    I'm sure the dog was prone to ear infections. I won't sleep now not knowing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast