+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your 4 Nailed On Starters for Every Match

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's kind of like you were hired as a bus driver, but when you got to the bus someone was in the driver's seat and you were left having to check tickets.
    His role was taken basically.
    This, more than anything, has stopped us seeing the best of him I think.
    It's picking up though, check his first time ball for our 4th. Time for supporters to get behind him, he's a good player.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Pass it backwards Reeves really, and to think we got rid of Osborne and we signed this joker
    I wish people could get over us not breaking the bank to keep Osbourne. He’s done well since he left but if budget money was assigned for either Reeves or Osbourne then Reeves every time. Osbourne was offered what we thought he was worth and he turned it down - let’s move on ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think in the case the keeper is a given so going for 4 outfield players . . .

Ellis -
    Difficult to choose between him and Rawlo but Ellis is also scoring goals.

Doyle -
    Step back haters, if he's fit he's just the player we need to help our promotion push and with the pace we now have up front his distribution qualities will rise to the top.

Roberts -
    No explanation needed.

Wootton -
    Warrior

Special mentions for Rawlo, Enzio, DKE and Knowles
    Cheating really to make up your own rules and basically pick five nailed on starters! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I wish people could get over us not breaking the bank to keep Osbourne. He’s done well since he left but if budget money was assigned for either Reeves or Osbourne then Reeves every time. Osbourne was offered what we thought he was worth and he turned it down - let’s move on ffs.
    He was offered shyte money knowing he would refuse the terms, so they could go out and sign the likes of Sam, Sloth, Rodrigues, Miller and Walker. Of which, none have proved to be much good..

Rawlinson
    Doyle
    Roberts
    Wooton

Don't think we need both Reeves and Doyle but it can work, what's important is they have runners in front and I think Knight will provide more opportunities to clip it over, a lot of the side ways passing is because nothing is on short or long.

How the hell has Sam Osborne got onto this thread as well?!?! I've never known a player leave Notts doing so little can talked up so much. He was ok showed some promise and talent but no more.

I was 50:50 on him, couldn't get that emotional either way. I will start to regret him being let go (or actively seeking first team football somewhere else) when he's tearing it up in at least the same league as Notts or realistically the league above.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    How the hell has Sam Osborne got onto this thread as well?!?! I've never known a player leave Notts doing so little can talked up so much. He was ok showed some promise and talent but no more.

I was 50:50 on him, couldn't get that emotional either way. I will start to regret him being let go (or actively seeking first team football somewhere else) when he's tearing it up in at least the same league as Notts or realistically the league above.
    People go on about him as it he was another Messi, timid and bang average imo.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    People go on about him as it he was another Messi, timid and bang average imo.
    As he's a local lad I can only assume one or two are related or close family friends.

I wish the lad well with his career and it looks like a good move so far (NL North suspension aside) but I've never seen such a disproportionate response to a player leaving Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

These are exactly my thoughts. I would have liked him to stay as he showed promise. We offered him a contract (some say sh*t money but they don’t really know what he was offered - it may have been length of contract he didn’t like). He turned the offer down to look elsewhere - his prerogative - we move on, but some seem unable to. Like you say he wasn’t the new Messi.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Cheating really to make up your own rules and basically pick five nailed on starters! 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234