+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Week Of Death

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well if we beat QPR and cov in the next2 games we will definitely be out of the bottom 3 by Thurs neet. That has to be warnes team talk now.
    Exactly. 👍

So far so good, methinks.

Well if we beat QPR and cov in the next2 games we will definitely be out of the bottom 3 by Thurs neet. That has to be warnes team talk now.
    Exactly. Given how crazy the season has been, go and win 2 home games in a row, one against a relegation rival, and the pressure will switch to Cov. If we can do that then it would be interesting to see how they react being down there with just a few to go. They might have a team with the mindset for that, or may not, be good to try and find out!

Its difficult to see how this will happen, Id expect to lose easily to QPR as they have some quick players we struggle against.

The lads just dont seem to have the guile or know how at this level, we had some excellent passages of play yesterday, Smiths cross for Wiles was indicative of this....great cross, bad miss and Crookes making a poor run that would have had the goal disallowed in any event

Looking slightly further ahead....after these 4 games we have `Boro at home,by which time they will probably know they can`t make the play-offs,so hopefully nothing to play for.
    Then comes 2 very hard games,Barnsley & Brentford away,not many points there.
    Then we finish the season with 3 games in a week.....Blackburn,Luton & Cardiff,with probably only Cardiff with something to play for.
    I reckon we will do it,but only just.

True Towner. Our best chance is being up for games against teams who are more up for their summer holidays. We have to make sure we are up for all the games we play now. We have to be as physical as possible so opposition players think twice before getting into a physical battle with us cos they dont want to risk unnecessary injuries post season.

Today will be a good test that can work against a more fancy dan mid table team.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-04-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Looking slightly further ahead....after these 4 games we have `Boro at home,by which time they will probably know they can`t make the play-offs,so hopefully nothing to play for.
    Then comes 2 very hard games,Barnsley & Brentford away,not many points there.
    Then we finish the season with 3 games in a week.....Blackburn,Luton & Cardiff,with probably only Cardiff with something to play for.
    I reckon we will do it,but only just.
    Cardiff won't have anything to play for and I think we'll get something at Barnsley. UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Its difficult to see how this will happen, Id expect to lose easily to QPR as they have some quick players we struggle against.

The lads just dont seem to have the guile or know how at this level, we had some excellent passages of play yesterday, Smiths cross for Wiles was indicative of this....great cross, bad miss and Crookes making a poor run that would have had the goal disallowed in any event
    Whilst I wouldn't expect us to lose easily I agree that their quick lads are a worry and if we do what we tend to go when pressing forward, lose sight of their intent to hit us on the break, we will come unstuck. I think we have to keep a solid shape and be aware that this will be their key strategy. A point could still be valuable but just press carefully for the winner rather than caught (again!)

Week of life so far!

I'd have felt so much better had we taken our chances against Huddersfield and smudge had stuck away that penalty at Millwall. We would already have been out of the bottom 3. Everything crossed for some positive results in the next 3 matches

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast