+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Week Of Death

The Week Of Death

Starting Saturday we play Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sun, which is mad.
    4 games in 8 days,I'm sure we've never done that before, has any team ?
    And all 4 games are against teams who we could potentially catch,so really more the week of hope.
    One thing's for sure there won't be a lot of training next week !

Take 7 points out of a possible 12, Only getting one win, could mean the Grim Reaper Cometh.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Starting Saturday we play Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sun, which is mad.
    4 games in 8 days,I'm sure we've never done that before, has any team ?
    And all 4 games are against teams who we could potentially catch,so really more the week of hope.
    One thing's for sure there won't be a lot of training next week !
    Looking at that 1950 fixtures thing looks like it was common back then.

We play and train alternate days nearly every week anyway. So this is not an impossible task physically.

It will be tough mentally. Every game is hugely important. We go in off the back of 2 losses that, in different ways, will be hard to take.

Must get a good result early to build off. Win one and we can take momentum forward. Dont want to think what might happen if we go on a losing streak.

Pains me to say this but the omens aren’t good

Lacking in confidence
    Lacking in ideas
    Lacking in tactics

Could easily be LLLL and cheerio Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Pains me to say this but the omens aren’t good

Lacking in confidence
    Lacking in ideas
    Lacking in tactics

Could easily be LLLL and cheerio Championship
    Put a capital S in front of lacking Grist, needs the coaching staff to take the Lac off, & make
    the squad King, not afraid & play with purpose, & rein in the championship end games.

Come now lads.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Come now lads.
    Yes, overly pessimistic on my part but realistically LLLL is more likely than WWWW

But you never know with this stupid game we all love

IMO we need to beat Huddersfield, Coventry and Birmingham. I mean I would take 9 points from any combination of the 4 games but given their league positions and them being the best chance to escape, for me, we need to beat them as we cannot afford to lose to one. Or even really draw, unless we beat QPR and then we could afford a draw against one of them.

If we don't get 9 points from the possible 12 I cannot see how we survive with the games to end the season. This week is our last chance.

We are relatively fortunate in that some games are against teams directly above us, actually gives us a chance to pull them back without worrying they are also winning elsewhere during that particular game.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    IMO we need to beat Huddersfield, Coventry and Birmingham. I mean I would take 9 points from any combination of the 4 games but given their league positions and them being the best chance to escape, for me, we need to beat them as we cannot afford to lose to one. Or even really draw, unless we beat QPR and then we could afford a draw against one of them.

If we don't get 9 points from the possible 12 I cannot see how we survive with the games to end the season. This week is our last chance.

We are relatively fortunate in that some games are against teams directly above us, actually gives us a chance to pull them back without worrying they are also winning elsewhere during that particular game.
    Despite it being 1 less point I'd take a couple of draws against Coventry and Birmingham over a win and a loss. A draw + win or two wins would of course be nice, two losses and I fear a large female singer would be clearing her throat.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast