+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nust....

Nust....

Anybody got any idea what this big announcement tomorrow is all about?

Or...

Is it just yet again more sensationalised claptrap that will end up being nothing at all?

It'll be nothing, I suspect.

Let's be honest, there are only three announcements we want to hear.

1) Takeover is happening

2) Ahley gone

3) Bruce gone

I don't think they've helped themselves teasing a big announcement-if it was a big enough deal, then just saying what they know would be enough. As it is, anything that falls short of being one of the 3 things mentioned above is going to be an anti climax at best.

Aye zip... I was thinking along the same lines... nothing else is big enough to matter... and these guys don't have the clout for any of those 3 preferred options

id be astounded if it had any genuine reality to anything we see as a positive.

NUST is simply a fan led pay to join club that Mike Ashley has allowed to be fed minimal information that he agrees with.

They have absolutely zero clout, zero inside knowledge and zero respect from the club.

In a nutshell, they are even more useless than an unofficial trade union employee gathering that aren't recognised by their employers.

They are no more in the know than Luke Deadwood at the Chronic.

What ever they come out with will be fanciful or seriously far fetched,

"hey members, Mike has agreed to sell the club to us if we can get 52000 fans to chip in 7 grand each"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It'll be nothing, I suspect.

Let's be honest, there are only three announcements we want to hear.

1) Takeover is happening

2) Ahley gone

3) Bruce gone

I don't think they've helped themselves teasing a big announcement-if it was a big enough deal, then just saying what they know would be enough. As it is, anything that falls short of being one of the 3 things mentioned above is going to be an anti climax at best.

Basically this.

Who, where and when???

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Who, where and when???
    i wasn't far off with my prediction yesterday mate,

they want a "go fund me" type of thing where the fans buy the club.

if they get enough money raised they buy from Ashley.

If we get relegated, they buy off Ashley for a reduced price.

problem is, he wont lower his price, and i don't think he'd sell anyway other than to Saudi's, they are the only ones who can line his pockets more in the future with his tatty SD ****

Rio Ferdinand will be laughing like fo0k, he was taunting us with this suggestion, we look like tlts by trying to take his idea seriously

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i wasn't far off with my prediction yesterday mate,

they want a "go fund me" type of thing where the fans buy the club.

if they get enough money raised they buy from Ashley.

If we get relegated, they buy off Ashley for a reduced price.

problem is, he wont lower his price, and i don't think he'd sell anyway other than to Saudi's, they are the only ones who can line his pockets more in the future with his tatty SD ****

Rio Ferdinand will be laughing like fo0k, he was taunting us with this suggestion, we look like tlts by trying to take his idea seriously
    they were also on about trying to buy a stake in the club, when its sold to someone else. thats much more feasible.

is it a good idea - in principle but whether it works in practice is another thing coming.

deluded? maybe but at least they are trying

Nothing to do with that tw*t Ferdinand as it’s been being planned for 3 years now.
    Good to see someone actually taking some positive action for a change instead of whinging and doing nothing (me included).

If the fund eventually buys part of the club, who would own the shares?
    If my contribution was converted into a shareholding eventually then I’d be interested in taking part.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Nothing to do with that tw*t Ferdinand as it’s been being planned for 3 years now.
    Good to see someone actually taking some positive action for a change instead of whinging and doing nothing (me included).

If the fund eventually buys part of the club, who would own the shares?
    If my contribution was converted into a shareholding eventually then I’d be interested in taking part.

its a pipe dream in my eyes. Not being negative at all just realistic, how many other clubs in the PL have been bought by the fans or have the fans as minority stakeholders holders
    Im sure Sir John Hall tried a similar scheme which failed miserably.

The two glaring obstacles to this plan is

1) Ashley needs to sell the club first!!
    2) new owners may not want any involvement from fans as financial partners/shareholders

say this does happen, we get new owners and they allow the fans to buy a small stake, say 1%, they will need to raise 3.5million to get 1%.

what will that bring? the majority of shares would be held by the new owners so the fans still would be dwarfed in any voting etc, they will have zero say that would impact any decision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)