+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

No surprise as soon as Mullaney takes the captains job look what happens.

Our team also look unfit to me and our bowling is poor this year.

One of my mates just offered me tickets for day 4 at the Gabba. I told him that I didnt fancy a 10am start drinking booze in Brisbane CBD.

An incredible game at Derby tonight. Notts batted really poorly and stuttered to 137/9, and Derbyshire only needed 12 runs from 3 overs to win but just managed to scrape a tie. They needed 5 from the last ball for victory, but somehow Budinger fumbled a routine catch over the ropes for four to leave the scores level, meaning a third tie in eight games for Notts. Due to favourable results elsewhere, the point has moved Notts to the top of the table, but this was a very poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    An incredible game at Derby tonight. Notts batted really poorly and stuttered to 137/9, and Derbyshire only needed 12 runs from 3 overs to win but just managed to scrape a tie. They needed 5 from the last ball for victory, but somehow Budinger fumbled a routine catch over the ropes for four to leave the scores level, meaning a third tie in eight games for Notts. Due to favourable results elsewhere, the point has moved Notts to the top of the table, but this was a very poor performance.
    Ah well. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away. Heroes to zeroes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hales, Duckett and Mullaney should all be ashamed of their efforts with the bat, Hales, after 21 from the first over, could afford to have a look at a couple but went straight for the champagne shot, Duckett who fails more often than not but doesn't think to change his approach and Mullaney setting a real Captain's example of how not to bat in the circumstances. Still not sure how we got away with it, especially when we had a golden opportunity to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Hales, Duckett and Mullaney should all be ashamed of their efforts with the bat, Hales, after 21 from the first over, could afford to have a look at a couple but went straight for the champagne shot, Duckett who fails more often than not but doesn't think to change his approach and Mullaney setting a real Captain's example of how not to bat in the circumstances. Still not sure how we got away with it, especially when we had a golden opportunity to win it.
    That’s what Hales does. **** or bust. Today he does what he does, and well.

Is 3 tied T20 matches (so far) a record?

Despite not playing, Notts go top of the T20 North table on run rate due to Yorkshire being hammered by Warwickshire. A win at Trent Bridge tomorrow against bottom club Leicestershire would open up a two point gap.

Leicestershire have only won 3 T20 games this season so, knowing Notts, they will probably beat us! Unless we have another tie, of course.

Notts win the toss and put Leicestershire in. Free live stream here:

https://live.trentbridge.co.uk/

I've got a barbecue to light so I might miss 3 or 4 overs.

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast