+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I went to a Rockets game the other week after my niece said she’d like to go. Despite all the gimmicks, it’s basically just the T20 with even worse names, isn’t it? It did make me smile that the pavilion was the emptiest part of the ground - definitely not one for the purists. Hopefully we’ll get her to a Notts game at Trent Bridge next time.
    I’ve been a Notts member for over 30 years, and I don’t know a single other member of all those I know who has gone to a single game.

Doing OK so far in the 100 final. Not that I understand the teams/format.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Doing OK so far in the 100 final. Not that I understand the teams/format.
    Looking good for the Rockets at the moment

Great win for the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Great win for the Rockets
    Great win but bl00dy hell they made hard work of it.

After a dodgy start, eventually a really good first day for Notts finally back to the red ball game. From the bits I saw it didn't look the traditional Trent Bridge easy batting pitch, and our bowlers were better that theirs. Despite dodgy weather forecasts, this should now be a 20 point win which should guarantee promotion, and maybe the top spot with two games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    After a dodgy start, eventually a really good first day for Notts finally back to the red ball game. From the bits I saw it didn't look the traditional Trent Bridge easy batting pitch, and our bowlers were better that theirs. Despite dodgy weather forecasts, this should now be a 20 point win which should guarantee promotion, and maybe the top spot with two games to go.
    I sat in the Upper Hound after tea and the ball was doing all sorts. 10 of 11 Leicestershire lads made batting look like something they had never previously attempted in their lives.

A thunderstorm and a stubborn last wicket stand looked like it could take the game to the fourth day, but job done in three days.

A 50 point lead at the top, promotion is now 99.9% guaranteed.

As it is cricket related and a genuine question (so not controversial), do we know if the ECB have decided who/how many, go up and the format for next year.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    As it is cricket related and a genuine question (so not controversial), do we know if the ECB have decided who/how many, go up and the format for next year.
    Cheers.
    It’s supposed to stay as it is with two up two down but the ECB review puts it into question how many might be in each division if they reduce the number of Championship games. It would be just Notts luck that promotion doesn’t happen this year.

Finishing top, which looks nailed on now, could be crucial.

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast