+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    As it is cricket related and a genuine question (so not controversial), do we know if the ECB have decided who/how many, go up and the format for next year.
    Cheers.
    This year the top two in division 2 are promoted and the bottom two in division 1 are relegated, so the format for next season should be unchanged. What happens after that is up in the air. The Strauss report has proposed a top division of six clubs, with two 'feeder leagues' of six clubs below. The idea is to cut the current 14 red ball games per season to 10. As I read it, the top two clubs from the feeder leagues would go to a playoff for the one promotion spot. I think it needs a two thirds majority from the 18 counties to go ahead. The vote is due to take place on Sep 20th, and the rumblings are that a fair few counties are opposed. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    It’s supposed to stay as it is with two up two down but the ECB review puts it into question how many might be in each division if they reduce the number of Championship games. It would be just Notts luck that promotion doesn’t happen this year.

Finishing top, which looks nailed on now, could be crucial.
    Just read this after posting my reply. I think next season is sorted, it's the one after that's up for review.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This year the top two in division 2 are promoted and the bottom two in division 1 are relegated, so the format for next season should be unchanged. What happens after that is up in the air. The Strauss report has proposed a top division of six clubs, with two 'feeder leagues' of six clubs below. The idea is to cut the current 14 red ball games per season to 10. As I read it, the top two clubs from the feeder leagues would go to a playoff for the one promotion spot. I think it needs a two thirds majority from the 18 counties to go ahead. The vote is due to take place on Sep 20th, and the rumblings are that a fair few counties are opposed. Watch this space.
    The powers that be still seem determined to reduce first class cricket and promote short form cricket of some sort. Personally I think that first class cricket has far more subtlety and psychological and tactical interest, whereas the shortest forms have to rely on gimmicks. As for franchises, they hold absolutely no interest for me. But I’m an old git, so I just hope proper cricket outlasts my time.

Good start for Notts 👍

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Good start for Notts 👍
    Maybe it’s because I’m not in the UK, but I can’t find a live stream. I have managed to get a replay of the wickets we’ve taken though.

Be interesting to see how we bat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Be interesting to see how we bat lol
    Not very well, twice. I guess we can afford one bad performance, but this one is a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Not very well, twice. I guess we can afford one bad performance, but this one is a shocker.
    Are we trying to lose this game?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Are we trying to lose this game?
    Good question. If this was Dunnett-era Notts, there’d be fans saying “We can’t afford to go up, he’s told them to lose” after a performance like this.

I've received an email from Notts today to tell me about the shocking international fixtures we have at Trent Bridge.

Looking at what we have is what id expect Taunton to have !

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast