+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Are we trying to lose this game?
    Looks like an innings defeat and a miserly 3 points from this game. Even a draw would have pretty much secured promotion, now it goes to the last game. A repeat of this performance will see us bottle it.

On the subject of bottling it, I see when it came to a battle, Joe Clarke bottled it yet again. Probably the most overrated player in county cricket. I really hope we get rid of him as soon as his contract is up.

I don’t know how Clarke keeps getting picked for Championship matches. His performances this season have been dreadful! It appears to be a closed shop for the senior players!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    I don’t know how Clarke keeps getting picked for Championship matches. His performances this season have been dreadful! It appears to be a closed shop for the senior players!
    I was pretty pleased with Joe's signing but he hasn't really lived up to his potential.
    Poor display from Notts in a crucial game.
    Assume they now need to beat Durham to guarantee promotion ?

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    That depends on other results. If Middlese x and Glamorgan win their current games, we would still have a nine point lead going into the final round of games. If Glamorgan draw or lose tomorrow, that would guarantee us promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That depends on other results. If Middlese x and Glamorgan win their current games, we would still have a nine point lead going into the final round of games. If Glamorgan draw or lose tomorrow, that would guarantee us promotion.
    Good job they were good up to this point then.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    I was pretty pleased with Joe's signing but he hasn't really lived up to his potential.
    Poor display from Notts in a crucial game.
    I was too as he looked like he would develop into a top player when at Worcestershire. Has never really got going for Notts, just shown what he can do occasionally.

I think Notts would need a maximum of 7 points from their last game if Glamorgan beat Derbyshire and gain 24 points from it.

What an abject display that was. The conditions were far from perfect, but the level of capitulation and gifting of wickets was awful.

We are still almost certain to be promoted. But this already feels like the game we needed one point from to stay up. And didn’t get it……

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    I think Notts would need a maximum of 7 points from their last game if Glamorgan beat Derbyshire and gain 24 points from it.
    After today’s play, it looks like that will be the case. The table going into the last games is likely to be:

Notts 218
    Middles ex 209
    Glamorgan 200

That would mean 7 points will guarantee promotion, and 16 will win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Add Tom Moores to that list. He’s done little with bat, and conceded no less than 18 byes in Worcestershire’s one innings.

I bet he starts against Durham.

Notts 58/1 after choosing to bat in the final game of the season.

Free live stream on the Trent Bridge website.

Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast