+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

My flight back was delayed last night, watching the live stream of the Durham game in the airport made the wait a pleasant one for once.

Poor performance tonight, Munro dragged the innings back with his batting and left a lot to do with not many overs left. I make no comment about Tom Moores, it's all been said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Poor performance tonight, Munro dragged the innings back with his batting and left a lot to do with not many overs left. I make no comment about Tom Moores, it's all been said before.
    On paper, Notts CCC seem to have good teams. In reality, they're bldy hopeless aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    We built a decent platform but never looked like winning.

Too many singles when boundaries were needed so the required run rate kept growing.

They just managed the run chase really badly, to a lesser extent they did the same last night as well but managed to get the win, agree about Tom Moores as well, it's not like he's even a good wicket keeper, he's just not.

I think Hales was over confident, that they could just up the run rate, and Munro was struggling ridiculously with his timing. This heaped too much pressure on Moores and Montgomery.
    We are also desperately short on the bowling front and have probably leaked at least twenty runs too many in each of the games so far. Injuries to Fletcher and Stone and Ball are going to kill out T20 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We built a decent platform but never looked like winning.

Too many singles when boundaries were needed so the required run rate kept growing.
    I thought we lacked real fire power once Hales was out. Malian hung around longer and was the difference between winning and losing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I thought we lacked real fire power once Hales was out. Malian hung around longer and was the difference between winning and losing last night.
    Annihilated by Worcestershire tonight. Nowhere near good enough I'm afraid.

They're a bit rubbish aren't they.

I know the batting reply looks awful, but it is the shocking bowling attack, and the unacceptable fitness levels in the field which are the main problems with this Notts side.

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast