+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Been to both Hundreds home games so far, and must say at first wasn't convinced by the format but must admit its been good so far...Good to see the ladies have finally won a game...

Not sure about holding a white card up ever fifth ball mind...
    Have tickets for the next two home games on the 13th and 15th August, outstanding for me Short, Khan and Hales ( that six and the crowd reaction)

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Been to both Hundreds home games so far, and must say at first wasn't convinced by the format but must admit its been good so far...Good to see the ladies have finally won a game...

Not sure about holding a white card up ever fifth ball mind...
    Have tickets for the next two home games on the 13th and 15th August, outstanding for me Short, Khan and Hales ( that six and the crowd reaction)

Long shot I know but does anyone have any tickets they want to sell for Fridays game ?

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;39827220]The problem I have with this competition is that they aren't "the other Notts", and also I'm struggling to see it as proper cricket. I watched some of the first game on BBC2, and found it weird. The scorecard graphics were very strange, and seeing the likes of Joe Root and Dawid Malan play a home game at Trent bridge was something alien to me.

Totally agree with this. It's nothing to do with Nottinghamshire CCC (other than the venue and a couple of players).
    The Rockets aren't my team and I have no allegiance to them at all.
    The on screen graphics are horrible and so are the team kits.

Go Outlaws.

If people like the competition that's great.

[QUOTE=AllNottsAreWe;39839768]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The problem I have with this competition is that they aren't "the other Notts", and also I'm struggling to see it as proper cricket. I watched some of the first game on BBC2, and found it weird. The scorecard graphics were very strange, and seeing the likes of Joe Root and Dawid Malan play a home game at Trent bridge was something alien to me.

Totally agree with this. It's nothing to do with Nottinghamshire CCC (other than the venue and a couple of players).
    The Rockets aren't my team and I have no allegiance to them at all.
    The on screen graphics are horrible and so are the team kits.

Go Outlaws.

If people like the competition that's great.
    It’s my least favourite form of cricket but I fancied going this Friday and I must say seeing Hales brought down to earth by being hit not just once but twice in his Crown Jewels did bring a smile to my face 🤣 Cruel I know but I think he does rate himself far too highly at times !

Hales is a marmite figure, as is often the case with players of his ilk in all sports. Just think how much less interesting sport would be with players/compstitors like Hales.
    My beef against Hales is that he has chosen to not play red ball cricket anymore. Playing red, and white ball cricket can be done, look to Root for a perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Hales is a marmite figure, as is often the case with players of his ilk in all sports. Just think how much less interesting sport would be with players/compstitors like Hales.
    My beef against Hales is that he has chosen to not play red ball cricket anymore. Playing red, and white ball cricket can be done, look to Root for a perfect example.
    He certainly divides opinion.

I will always remember his demolition of the Surrey attack in the final at Lords a few years ago.

No doubting Alex's talent.

He does come across as a bit of a Billy Big Bxxxx and a cocky so and so.
    I view him the same as KP, huge talent, questionable character.

Only my opinion which could be total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    He certainly divides opinion.

I will always remember his demolition of the Surrey attack in the final at Lords a few years ago.

No doubting Alex's talent.

He does come across as a bit of a Billy Big Bxxxx and a cocky so and so.
    I view him the same as KP, huge talent, questionable character.

Only my opinion which could be total BS.
    Maybe his Bxxxx aren’t quite so big after the other night 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Maybe his Bxxxx aren’t quite so big after the other night 🤣
    My guess is that a cricket ball thudding into them would make them bigger rather than smaller!

....trots off to find a cricket ball 😁

Notts doing well so far on the RL Cup as yet. Liam Patterson White (22) and Fateh Singh (17) combined figures 20 3 52 5

Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast