+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Dane Schadendorf looks a very good keeper to me when I have seen him. It seems batting ability takes preference these days but I am not sure, who would be the better batsmen out of him and Moores, so for me I would play Schadendorf, as I do not rate Moores as a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Dane Schadendorf looks a very good keeper to me when I have seen him. It seems batting ability takes preference these days but I am not sure, who would be the better batsmen out of him and Moores, so for me I would play Schadendorf, as I do not rate Moores as a keeper.
    I certainly don't rate Moores as a batsman either, it's a mystery to me how he keeps his place in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    I certainly don't rate Moores as a batsman either, it's a mystery to me how he keeps his place in the team.
    Maybe not such a mystery when you consider that his dad is head coach!

I see in an interview Stephen Mullaney, commenting on the stuck he took over his decision to not enforce the follow on, said, he wanted to give the bowlers some rest and knew they would still have two new balls to attack Durham with.

The cricket season starts today, with Notts in division one action against Hampshire at Southampton.

Notts bat first, free live stream here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_PlWAT0fiE

Looks like we're starting the season with a crushing defeat.

Apparently we are going for the title again this season. Sorry, but I can’t see it with this batting line up. Clarke flatters to deceive and it really is time he started making scores in the CC consistently. We could also be losing Duckett to the Test team this season.

The batting is without doubt the achilles heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    The batting is without doubt the achilles heel.
    Really poor start. Oh well, it's only one game.

Very disappointing. I think if we had opted to bowl rather than bat the result might have been different, but we didn't score enough runs to set them a challenging target. Big improvement needed.

Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast