+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Depends how you define "missing". It is indeed an amazing test series and I'm loving every minute of it, and I can do that without Sky. I wouldn't be able to sit watching it from 11am to 6.30pm because I have other things going on. When I get chance I follow the ball-by-ball text commentary on cricinfo and watch the key moments replayed on the BBC website. I also watch the live stream from Trent Bridge when I can.

Probably not your cup of tea, but it suits me.
    I probably mean “missing” seeing it live. I prefer to see cricket as it happens either live or on TV and have been a sky customer since the early 90s, I’d like to say I don’t watch from 11am to 6.30pm but some days that isn’t true.
    It’s my favourite sport and I would miss Sky cricket from around the world. Each to their own though.

I was there yesterday and am about to set off for the inevitable late start today.

Fantastic day yesterday, tough first few hours, but worth it for that root shot alone.

I was I block D of the western terrace yesterday, with the idiots fighting directly in front of us.

Unbelievable, all started with guy wearing the Gaza shirts missus kicking a guys bag as she walked past. It then progressed to swearing, beer throwing, then the Gazza idiot throwing a punch at a guy twice his size. Never seen anything like it, anything that nasty, even on the WT.

Missed the Crawley wicket, which was probably the only upside.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I was there yesterday and am about to set off for the inevitable late start today.

Fantastic day yesterday, tough first few hours, but worth it for that root shot alone.

I was I block D of the western terrace yesterday, with the idiots fighting directly in front of us.

Unbelievable, all started with guy wearing the Gaza shirts missus kicking a guys bag as she walked past. It then progressed to swearing, beer throwing, then the Gazza idiot throwing a punch at a guy twice his size. Never seen anything like it, anything that nasty, even on the WT.

Love to be there today but tested positive for Covid on Saturday so it’s sky on the sofa with no complaints

Worst fighting at a sporting event was at the ice stadium for an Amir Khan fight it just kicked off everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

It must have been a good day Don - another electric batting performance

I was at Trent Bridge yesterday and watched Notts toil on a very flat pitch but they stuck at it. Under any other circumstances I don't think that they would've enforced the follow on but it was the only realistic chance of a win for us.
    Whilst it's nice to rack up the batting points on these flat pitches, it doesn't make for an even contest between bat and ball which I would prefer to see and, in the long term, could help improve batting skills if batsmen are challenged more.

Observerpie, I tend to agree with the above, I guess it is difficult to get that balance between bat and ball. This season also I think the ball has not been bowler friendly for both seamers and spinners in general throughout the counties. Lets hope Notts can beat the weather and Middle*** today.

Another great test match in progress 👍

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Another great test match in progress ��
    Test cricket has gone crazy, but in a good way! When did you regularly see a scoring rate approaching 5 runs per over in a test match? England have made an almost impossible target look very gettable, and even if it goes tits up tomorrow I'm loving the attacking approach.

Stokes and McCullum could be the saviours of test cricket, without necessarily setting out to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Test cricket has gone crazy, but in a good way! When did you regularly see a scoring rate approaching 5 runs per over in a test match? England have made an almost impossible target look very gettable, and even if it goes tits up tomorrow I'm loving the attacking approach.
    I agree they are making the impossible look quite likely - I’m loving it

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast