+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Best game of cricket I have ever seen.
    Botham/Headingley?

Great morning at the cricket - wonder what the odds are for the four possible results Elite?
    It would be interesting to know. I watched Notts (with one eye on the England score) until 12ish, then had to be elsewhere. When I got back the England win was done and dusted and Notts were almost home. Just watched the England v NZ highlights, and it was a sensational game. One of those occasions you would never forget if you were lucky enough to be there. Sod tippy-tappy, just go for it!

The Notts win was also unreal, I thought we had blown our chances when we allowed Leicestershire to put on a record last wicket stand, but eventually winning it inside 3 days was also sensational on a much lower level. Derbyshire beating Middles ex was the icing on the cake, and the table is looking pretty good at the moment.

Just glad I gave up on football after the Grimsby defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Botham/Headingley?
    I was working during the Botham game and listened on the radio, I was as at the game yesterday.

Another cracking performance from England, 55-6 to 360 all out! Lead of 31.

Who needs 'The 100', when you have Stokes and McCullum at the helm of the England test team.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Who needs 'The 100', when you have Stokes and McCullum at the helm of the England test team.
    Spot on. Bairstow has really surprised me recently too.

Notts off to a good start with 100 by Hameed.

Elite I know you hate Sky with a passion but you love cricket and you are missing an amazing test series

Looks like it's a good day to bat in England today.

England's new attitude towards test cricket, batting especially is very exciting, however you get the feeling there will be some horrendous collapses along the way. This is not something new though lol.
    It is great to see Ben Stokes lead England with a massive smile on his face, and also to become a reformed character. A great role model for any kids. He never gives less than 100%.

Elite I know you hate Sky with a passion but you love cricket and you are missing an amazing test series
    Depends how you define "missing". It is indeed an amazing test series and I'm loving every minute of it, and I can do that without Sky. I wouldn't be able to sit watching it from 11am to 6.30pm because I have other things going on. When I get chance I follow the ball-by-ball text commentary on cricinfo and watch the key moments replayed on the BBC website. I also watch the live stream from Trent Bridge when I can.

Probably not your cup of tea, but it suits me.

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast