+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Thought it was worth starting a thread like this to cover close-season signings from rival League Two teams.

------------------------------------------

Chesterfield have got straight in there bolstering their forward line by signing both Paddy Madden from Stockport and Kane Drummond from Maccelsfield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c3gll337qj7o
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cp6grdd3yg9o

Would you take any of these here? Madden is a big statement signing, but i'm not sure i'd want him in our squad (especially with McGoldrick getting on too). Drummond (former Liverpool trainee who scored 19 goals in the 7th tier last season) looks like an interesting gamble though.

I would have Madden over McGoldrick any day..

Madden feels like a good signing for them on paper anyway, don't know anything about Drummond but will be interesting to see how hem does, I reckon they need to strengthen defensively though.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I wouldn’t. I think McG would have had a much better season had we managed his minutes better. Madden made 42 appearances in L2 of which 16 were from the bench and totalled 2489 minutes v DM who played 2694 minutes across 37 matches.
    If truth be told I’d rather have neither. Our model is around developing players to hopefully sell on or ones who can help us progress through the leagues. Both are L2 at best now.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I wouldn’t. I think McG would have had a much better season had we managed his minutes better. Madden made 42 appearances in L2 of which 16 were from the bench and totalled 2489 minutes v DM who played 2694 minutes across 37 matches.
    If truth be told I’d rather have neither. Our model is around developing players to hopefully sell on or ones who can help us progress through the leagues. Both are L2 at best now.
    In that case, why did we sign McGoldrick then ??

'Cos someone must have thought it looked good.

Because he scored 25 the season before in L1 for Derby and the fact he started his career at Notts and wanted to end it at Notts.

I like the look of Sean Raggett, released by Pompy, a big lad at 6 foot 5.. I saw a few pompey games and he is completely no nonsense...would be a decent guy to get in the doors...so many players released from clubs that would improve us... its like playing football manager and looking at the free transfer lists ha ha ha

Not much between them stats wise, but Madden was up front whereas McD was mainly a wide 10.

Madden is a wait and see signing. He could be fantastic but he aint getting any younger. At very worst a quality squad player but would command a high wage for such. Will need a ton of game management.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast