+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on season so far

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I suppose that WTF is perhaps looking for consistency in how we rate players etc, which is not entirely unreasonable?

However if someone is consistently making errors, having difficult matches then their name is bound to be mentioned on a forum more often than others?
    Yes, I agree with the above.. The argument is thus: He is not playing his best position. He makes mistakes. He gets mentioned more than others in forum. Wtf gets upset.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Yes, I agree with the above.. The argument is thus: He is not playing his best position. He makes mistakes. He gets mentioned more than others in forum. Wtf gets upset.
    Cheap shot.

Others haven't been regularly played out of position as Alioski has, and yet they HAVE made mistakes and yet escape the kind of attention Alioski gets for reasons (given both what he HAS achieved and contributed) escape me.

And I'm not "upset", just unclear as to why what's "good for the goose" appears not to be "good for the gander"

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Cheap shot.

Others haven't been regularly played out of position as Alioski has, and yet they HAVE made mistakes and yet escape the kind of attention Alioski gets for reasons (given both what he HAS achieved and contributed) escape me.
    For me WTF, yes Alioski is consistently playing out of position and as a result is consistently making costly mistakes. Therefore he is getting a lot of attention.

Just watched Fulham v Wolves, they both look Championship teams and that is probably being unfair on half the second tier sides; apart from the goal it was dire. Mitrovich up to his cheating ways but sussed by the referee thankfully. Far happier with the games played by Leeds even when we lose

For me WTF, yes Alioski is consistently playing out of position and as a result is consistently making costly mistakes. Therefore he is getting a lot of attention.
    Ok well at least we agree on the tactic, and do those who have consistently failed to recruit a suitable left back, which results in a requirement for someone to play out of position, no matter who, get suitably regular, critical, mention? I think not. One rule for the player, another for the club/management. Inequity personified.

Ok well at least we agree on the tactic, and do those who have consistently failed to recruit a suitable left back, which results in a requirement for someone to play out of position, no matter who, get suitably regular, critical, mention? I think not. One rule for the player, another for the club/management. Inequity personified.

Cannot say to much but Mum informed me that Leeds are keeping dabs on Romain Perraud the Brest 23 year old left back who has a fighting mentality, an incredible shot power and a left-foot that has proven throughout the season to be a deadly weapon for set pieces and our local Brittany sports press is now full of his weekly virtues and he is seen by many people as the best left-back in France’s top division.

I think that it is difficult to judge the management team in the same light, genuinely because we don't know if they tried to recruit a LB or not. Its possible that they believed Dallas, Alioski and Davis was enough cover or we didn't have enough left in the kitty.

Injuries and loss of form of players has moved Dallas to midfield. Davis has not quite stepped up leaving Alioski as a square peg in a round hole as he has struggled.

We all know we don't sign people in January anymore as it takes them to long to get used to our style and they rarely prove value for money.

I think that it is difficult to judge the management team in the same light, genuinely because we don't know if they tried to recruit a LB or not. Its possible that they believed Dallas, Alioski and Davis was enough cover or we didn't have enough left in the kitty.

Injuries and loss of form of players has moved Dallas to midfield. Davis has not quite stepped up leaving Alioski as a square peg in a round hole as he has struggled.

We all know we don't sign people in January anymore as it takes them to long to get used to our style and they rarely prove value for money.
    So management get away with not doing what was clearly required, for years not months, but the player (who has never complained either publicly or privately about his being consistently played out of position, or the sh1t that he has had thrown at him via multiple sources), has in fact proved a real asset to the team performance and spirit, yet who is expected to try and plug the gap gets universally crucified, unlike those who put him in that position.

It's NOT difficult to judge management any more than it is to do the same for players, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

So management get away with not doing what was clearly required, for years not months, but the player (who has never complained either publicly or privately about his being consistently played out of position, or the sh1t that he has had thrown at him via multiple sources), has in fact proved a real asset to the team performance and spirit, yet who is expected to try and plug the gap gets universally crucified, unlike those who put him in that position.

It's NOT difficult to judge management any more than it is to do the same for players, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Rubbish, what I said was management may have believed they had good enough cover in that position, inclusive of Alioski. Therefore they used the clubs limited resources to strengthen elsewhere.

We don't know what constraints, challenges the management team have faced trying to get the right people in the right positions on a limited budget.

Over the season it is apparent that Dallas, Alioski etc have not developed to Premier standard in that position. Dallas imo has performed better in the LB role than Alioski but still hasn't been brilliant there.

Can't believe some on here still want to put forward their opinion in the hope that certain others will accept it.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)