+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Score and scorers predictions vs. Hartlepool United 10.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Hope I'm not putting the mockers on, but I've a feeling we may just do this. After finally getting the TV monkey off our backs v Wrexham, and in the sudden upsurge of optimism...

Pools 1-2 Notts
    Have they hanged it ??

Woking stats and Hartlepool preview now up . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/match-35-woking-a

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Pools is their nickname, they call themselves it all the time.
    Hate to argue with you, Jacob, but as a chap who has twice married Hartlepool ladies, I have met many of their fans and not heard that one.
    However, Frigilana's account of their being 2 municipalities, the current Mrs Sidders assures me is correct as is the story about the name change to Hartlepool United.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Hate to argue with you, Jacob, but as a chap who has twice married Hartlepool ladies, I have met many of their fans and not heard that one.
    However, Frigilana's account of their being 2 municipalities, the current Mrs Sidders assures me is correct as is the story about the name change to Hartlepool United.
    Better let their social media team know Sidders...

Hartlepool 1- Notts County 1
    Wootton

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You know me, I love an argument.

Their own board is pretty unanimous on Pools. http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbun...hp?f=2&t=66198

This is more most-not-lose than must-win, but I was impressed by Hartlepool at our place and fear they may do us again - 2-0 to the monkey hangers.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    You know me, I love an argument.
    Show some respect and take your place in the queue jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Until 1968, they were called Hartlepools United. I think this might have been because there were two distinct municipalities called Hartlepool and West Hartlepool. In 1968 they changed the name to just Hartlepool, and then in 1977 changed again to Hartlepool United.

An important game tomorrow, one of the hardest of the season. I’d be happy with a point, but my prediction is 2-1 to them.

June 1908
    On June 1st 1908 a limited liability company was registered under the name “The Hartlepools United Football Athletic Company Limited” with 2000 £1 shares offered to form a professional club. The shares are not fully subscribed, as there are doubts about professional sport, but Messrs R Martin and W Paterson, former vice-presidents of the rugby club and W J Coates, a former committee member formed the Board of directors of the new company. Although playing at the Victoria Ground, situated in West Hartlepool, the team is named Hartlepools United against public opinion as the company believe it should represent the two Hartlepool boroughs (Hartlepool and West Hartlepool).

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/c...-74e55250-d3c7

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast