+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Score and scorers predictions vs. Hartlepool United 10.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Hartlepool, monkey? Did you mean that pun?
    No joke intended.

"Monkey Hangers" must be one of the best fitba nick names ever. I thought "Pools" was another nom de guerre.

My normal 3-3 thank you...

Today we have two teams that are doing well both home and away respectively. Hartlepool are top of the form guide at home having won 7 and drawn 1 of their last 8. We are second to Sutton in the form guide away from home having won 4 and drawn 4 of our last 8. Hartlepool's goal to game ratio is less than ours.

On the face of it this game has 0-0 or 1-1 written all over it and I would be happy with a draw.

It cannot be understated how much of a boost a win would be today for the club, because it would be a massive win and be good for confidence as well as closing the gap on a rival.

I still believe that on our day we have nobody to fear in this league and can be a match for anyone. I'm also hoping that the Wrexham game was a turning point. It could well be a tight game today and one goal could win it for either side. Having said that maybe the Burchnall era will bring more goals scored and more goals conceded compared to the more cautious approach of the former manager.

Therefore cautiously optimistic;

Hartlepool 1-2 Notts County
    Wootton, Knowles

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    After watching that I hope we stuff them!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456