+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ford Capri.

Ford Capri.

Off down the motorway to pick up my 1986 Ford Capri 2.8i today.

A 40 year dream come true😎

If I haven’t posted by Thursday evening it’s probably the head gasket or a hose issue😩

Nice one Mick 👍 enjoy it mate

The poor mans E type! Enjoy it Mick. Where did all those classic designs go?

A change of heart after the viewing sadly.

Too much rust and a heart attack inducing brake pedal 👀😩

Funny how we look back to the halcyon days of our youth with rose tinted specs.

I had a new Capri Laser in 1985. Black.
    Within a few weeks my next door neighbour noticed I was ‘loading’ some rubbish in the hatchback / boot, having put the rear seats down...I was going to the local tip.
    He asked would I mind taking a cardboard box of stuff for him. I did.
    Upon arrival at the tip, there was a mess of white paint which had leaked from a partially closed paint tin, which he had kindly included in his cardboard box of rubbish. The paint was over the back of one of the rear seats!
    He was very apologetic........

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A change of heart after the viewing sadly.

Too much rust and a heart attack inducing brake pedal 👀😩

Funny how we look back to the halcyon days of our youth with rose tinted specs.
    Keep looking Mick you’re sure to find a good one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Keep looking Mick you’re sure to find a good one out there.
    My lad who’s 28 came with me to view and he’s a fan of the look of the Ford Capri but he made a good point.

He said that because I’m in the fortunate position to be able to buy new cars that I’ve just got used to the beautiful way that newer models drive.

He reckons I should do what a mate has done and buy a 7 to 10 year old sporty job like a Porsche or an Audi R8.

You can pick great modern sports cars with a bit of age on them for very reasonable money now and for the same sort of prices as old Capri’s and I think he might be right.

Anybody in here got a Porsche Cayman or Carerra 4S with a few years on the clock?

I test drove a 4S about 20 years ago and I loved it, you can get them now for £11k😳

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My lad who’s 28 came with me to view and he’s a fan of the look of the Ford Capri but he made a good point.

He said that because I’m in the fortunate position to be able to buy new cars that I’ve just got used to the beautiful way that newer models drive.

He reckons I should do what a mate has done and buy a 7 to 10 year old sporty job like a Porsche or an Audi R8.

You can pick great modern sports cars with a bit of age on them for very reasonable money now and for the same sort of prices as old Capri’s and I think he might be right.

Anybody in here got a Porsche Cayman or Carerra 4S with a few years on the clock?

I test drove a 4S about 20 years ago and I loved it, you can get them now for £11k😳
    What about a 2010 Bentley Continental SuperSports (621 bhp) for £38!? 😳

Read that in ”Classic Cars” which I subscribe to, and you are quite correct about that many great cars with a couple of years on them, are good buys. ”Classic Cars” have a lot of info about that, ”Price guide movers, on the up/on the slide”, I recommend reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    What about a 2010 Bentley Continental SuperSports (621 bhp) for £38k!? 😳

Read that in ”Classic Cars” which I subscribe to, and you are quite correct about that many great cars with a couple of years on them, are good buys. ”Classic Cars” have a lot of info about that, ”Price guide movers, on the up/on the slide”, I recommend reading that.
    Added a ”k” to the price. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I had a new Capri Laser in 1985. Black.
    Within a few weeks my next door neighbour noticed I was ‘loading’ some rubbish in the hatchback / boot, having put the rear seats down...I was going to the local tip.
    He asked would I mind taking a cardboard box of stuff for him. I did.
    Upon arrival at the tip, there was a mess of white paint which had leaked from a partially closed paint tin, which he had kindly included in his cardboard box of rubbish. The paint was over the back of one of the rear seats!
    He was very apologetic........
    Surprised you could understand what he was saying what with all the blood flowing from his mouth and nose.......

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)