+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Wind

The Wind

Ive just come back from tramping round the fens with my hound, and its still blowing a gale. Im sure its been going since last October. Mind you, it does blow with good effect.

The United goals i have seen on the efl programme have all been wind assisted, in fact ive seen Mullin smokin a fag up the pitch, the ball has come to him via a vortex, and he has put it away 30 times, with a vortex the culprit 24 times.

The position in the league is all a fluke of one sort or another. How Ohalloran still stands upright i dont know, one of my hip high tackles would have put him out in the first seconds of any game. In my narcissistic way, i would present my case to the ref, stating it was ohallorans fault.

Which it is, he was on the pitch wasnt he. I get him before he gets me, self defence. Is modern football devoid of thuggery?, god sake.

Which brings me too Ironside, in the english revolution he would have been fired out of a cannon at the enemy, as he plays like that anyway.

I cant believe Dunk is trying to play football, i had him playing in his back garden with the kids years ago. With those little goals and a small soft plastic ball.

God, div 4 has gone to the dogs if this shambles are top. Taylor is a geriatric, with food oozing out the side of his mouth in a footballing way. Why he isnt skinned every game i dont know.

Div 4 is more of an amateur league now, fit for under 20s, after all the prem plays their under 20 sides against these arthritic, static, incompetents. The fee for watching it is extortionate, certainly at the Abbey i found myself watching a big bird flying to and fro from the lake behind the Habbin, rather than the game, i called him Greg.

I hope hes still ok.

All respect, but i must suggest that a manager like Bonner being a temporary success in what is called professional football is a canary in the mines of pro football, he is still alive and thriving.

Doing what he is doing shows that the other teams must have had brain surgery in their approach to playing Cambridge. Or had to many cricket balls hitting the head over and over. Bonner will come and go, i hope he makes a few quid before he hits the buffers. If he gets a better offer from Northampton, i advise him to go.

And let United get back to failing, and getting one shot on target every four games. Saved of course.

Surely Cambridge have eclipsed Bradford Park Avenue in its affects on fans, just look at what ive written.

Help, i need somebody, help, not just anybody, help, i need someone, HELP......When i wuz younger so much younger than today. The Beatles.

If i had my time again, would i watch United?,....No.

Jocelyn of Lensfield road.

Jeff Stelling has been taking the piss out of Cambridge on Soccer Saturday over the past couple of weeks due to Utd naming a stand after Paul Mullin for scoring 28 goals this season,sod me Frank,haven't you got any genuine hero's at the Abbey instead of some player that probably won't be there season after next

Bit late for that, ive been taking the p i** for years. If you take into account getting relegated in 2001 or whatever, the struggles before that, weve had one successful season in all those years, finishing second in the conference, and winning a Mickey Mouse cup.

And they still expect me to turn up and empty my pockets.

These people are bonkers. Its like paying for boredom and abuse, and lining Jez Georges pockets and whoever. I have not been born with half a brain.

In the county thread you said i hurt your feelings, and i am feeling a bit guilty, i go too far sometimes. Sorry chuck.

p.s, there are about 3,500 heroes at the Abbey, they pay to watch it.

I didn't say that you had hurt my feelings I said that you had ruffled my feathers,hurt feelings and being angry with somebody are entirely different things,thanks for the apology though,I know how hard that must have been for you

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)