+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens v ICT

Queens v ICT

Young Dapo will now be available for the next 3 league games as his appeal isn’t heard until April 20th.

Great to see a Jones and McKee playing on Monday night after their return from injury.

Near full strength squad available to choose from. Next couple of matches will determine our playoff chances so " Mon the South".

Another frustrating performance especially considering the latent talent in the team as emphasised by Fitzpatrick's superb individualist goal. We started with real pace up front and on both wings but had a tendency to revert to the lump ball tactics again looking to feed off scraps rather than have the ball played through on the ground to utilise the pace to get behind ICT. Once again, with as strong a bench we have had all season, the lack of use of substitutes questions the management teams judgement when players were clearly tiring in marked contrast to ICT.

Substitutes? Mr Johnson needs to read up on them and their usefulness in changing the game.

Yes I am sick of mentioning it, but unless or until the manager realises that his core support might actually have a point, I'll keep on at him.

Some people accuse me of cosying up to the magagement, but if I believe that they are not giving 100% - just like the players then I'll call them out.

Mr J will probably humph and say "what does he or anyone else know? - I'm in charge".......yes you are, and you keep making teh same stupid mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Near full strength squad available to choose from. Next couple of matches will determine our playoff chances so " Mon the South".
    With all Saturday's games being drawn it is as tight as ever in the Championship - small crumb of comfort is that champions Hearts thumping of Alloa on Friday means at least we cannot finish bottom now. ! !

Dont know what game the Queens match reporter was watching as the two players next to Todorov at the Caley Jags goal wasnt Breen and Buchanan?
    It was Fitzpatrick and Gibson!!

A draw was the right result yesterday. Two evenly matched sides. What a goal from Fitzpatrick but it was such a shame we couldn’t hold on for a victory. ICT are a decent side so stopping their 6 wins in a row was credit to Queens. Another massive game against Raith Rovers again in Tuesday night at 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Dont know what game the Queens match reporter was watching as the two players next to Todorov at the Caley Jags goal wasnt Breen and Buchanan?
    It was Fitzpatrick and Gibson!!
    More importantly why were Breen and Buchanan not marking Todorov as Gibson coupled with Fitzpatrick were never going to stop him getting the header.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    More importantly why were Breen and Buchanan not marking Todorov as Gibson coupled with Fitzpatrick were never going to stop him getting the header.
    No idea where our centre backs are but what is goal hero Fitzpatrick doing in there ?

with aj as manager queens are never going to be the best at defending as thats never been his style ,so we need to score more and create more than the other teams thats his bread and butter with his management style so if you look at his forward thinking players against ict we had what looked to me mebude ,shields ,jones ,fitzpatrick ,ok fitzpatrick on one wing and jones on other no brainer ,where i found where an improvement could have happened was up top mebude has bags of pace but not the best finisher where as shields is a classy finisher ,surely instead of playing shields as the man just behind the main striker id have swapped that about as mebude would have been better receiving the ball beating the odd guy with pace then gifting shields with the scoring oppertunities ,both mebude and sheilds need one or the other to take defenders out of position with off ball runs which never seemed to happen too often as thay are both all about there pace ,a wee tweek in those two to enable them to feed off eachother would be massive to queens .the dickson boy is a waste of space not good enough .we need to sort out having jones and fitzpatrick out wide regularly no point seeing mebude or shields out wide as there wasted out there .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 11-04-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)