+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T What's the last oldie film you watched you've seen before?

Papillon 1973 version.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The Haunting (1963) Still a great film
    Indeed it is, the remake in the 90s though was shyte

The Graduate from 1969/70. I watch it every couple of years. Still stands up as one of my favourite films.

My daughter and I enjoy visiting film scene locations and we have quite a few for this film locally. UC Berkeley where Elaine went to university and Benjamin visits her (though several of the shots are actually locations in LA.) Driving across the Oakland Bridge. (The shot has him driving in the wrong direction for the logic of the scene. The bridge has also changed dramatically from how it looked fifty years ago.) San Francisco Zoo. (Again, the wrong zoo for the scene since they would have gone to the Oakland Zoo by bus from Berkeley.)

We also visited the church in Pasadena where Elaine is supposed to marry the preppy boy. (In the film they put it in Santa Barbara which is a more realistic drive form SF.) Looks exactly the same as in the film except there is no outside staircase to the upper level; that was built specially for the film to give Benjamin outside access. I've stood at the point where Dustin Hoffman bangs on the glass and screams "Elaine! Elaine!

Yeah, I'm a film scene nerd - so sue me!

Watched the Godfather the other night. Have got the box set.

What a fantastic film.

Famous quotes:

Tom Hagen to Jack Woltz :
    ————————————
    Mr. Corleone never asks a second favour once he's refused the first, understood?

Don to Michael :
    ———————-
    So, Barzini will move against you first. He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust, guaranteeing your safety. And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated.

Uh… Now listen — whoever comes to you with this Barzini meeting — he’s the traitor. Don’t forget that.

Michael to Carlo :
    ————————
    You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people.

The Ten Commandments was on here last Saturday night. Almost 5 hours of 'Hollywood' glam. Storyline is a bit far fetched but worth the watch just to see Charlton Heston's hairdo when he comes down from the mountain after speaking to the man upstairs.

Psycho is one film I find myself watching quite often. Visited the set at Universal Studios in LA but not quite as chilling as the film.

I love the Blues Brothers. Have done since I was little.

Angels with dirty faces is a classic.

Red river . John Wayne .

Deer Hunter

Casablanca and Dr Zhivago.

The Sting is my all time favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I love the Blues Brothers. Have done since I was little.

Angels with dirty faces is a classic.
    Cagney should have got an Oscar gor that Gil and yes it’s one of my all time favourites.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast