+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T What's the last oldie film you watched you've seen before?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    who's John Holt?
    Crash, had to laugh when I read your post this morning. Jon Holt was my Sore Manager at Currys in Rotherham 🤣🤣🤣 don’t know what prompted me to use his name and it was indeed John Hurt.

Full Metal Jacket - great work by Kubrick and his advisor turned actor Lee Ermey

and For a Few Dollars More - groundbreaking work by Sergio Leone and of course the soundtrack by Ennio Morricone

On subject of Kubric, watched The Shining last week - prob about the 100th time. Never tire of it.

Goodness me I must be old, I'm looking forward to my 21st, but what about , "The African Queen,." the CD was on special at a local Store, a proper Bargain,.! keep the faith on Saturday Arvo,.!

A Shot in the Dark - 1964

Had my 12yo in stitches.

Watched Casablanca last week.

I recently saw the original "Italian Job " a great fun film, always thought the ending was very clever.

Good shout with "Get Carter" not seen that for ages, very memorable fur other reasons for lads of a certain age.😉
    A few years ago, I went in the pub that features at the start, when Jack Carter first arrives in Newcastle (The Victoria Comet) its changed a bit LOL

Talking of film locations,it's interesting for me, seeing very familiar locations in Budapest.

A lot of recent films use there as location for a lot of different European cities.
    Particlarly car chases in action movies, often in front of Parliment building next to the Danube.

A lot of the Mission Impossible franchise use it and in one of them, can't remember which one, Budapest was Moscow, Berlin, possibly Paris and as Budapest itself, all in the same film.

Some of the Rowan Atkinson " Maigret" used the Castle District as Montmartre.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Cagney should have got an Oscar gor that Gil and yes it’s one of my all time favourites.
    Not White Heat then?

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    I recently saw the original "Italian Job " a great fun film, always thought the ending was very clever.

Good shout with "Get Carter" not seen that for ages, very memorable fur other reasons for lads of a certain age.��
    A few years ago, I went in the pub that features at the start, when Jack Carter first arrives in Newcastle (The Victoria Comet) its changed a bit LOL

Talking of film locations,it's interesting for me, seeing very familiar locations in Budapest.

A lot of recent films use there as location for a lot of different European cities.
    Particlarly car chases in action movies, often in front of Parliment building next to the Danube.

A lot of the Mission Impossible franchise use it and in one of them, can't remember which one, Budapest was Moscow, Berlin, possibly Paris and as Budapest itself, all in the same film.

Some of the Rowan Atkinson " Maigret" used the Castle District as Montmartre.
    I watched Get Carter last night also

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crash, had to laugh when I read your post this morning. Jon Holt was my Sore Manager at Currys in Rotherham ������ don’t know what prompted me to use his name and it was indeed John Hurt.
    Sore Manager ?

Stock room exploits ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast