+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T What's the last oldie film you watched you've seen before?

Bridge On The River Kwai. Remember going to see it at the Odeon who had a scale model of the bridge in the foyer.

A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
    For a Few Dollars More (1965)
    The Good The Bad and The Ugly (1966)

Watched them all in the last few weeks.

I watched Fright Night which I'd seen before (not the remake), does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Bridge On The River Kwai. Remember going to see it at the Odeon who had a scale model of the bridge in the foyer.
    Yes I saw it at the same time.

For authenticity I blew up the model on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crash, had to laugh when I read your post this morning. Jon Holt was my Sore Manager at Currys in Rotherham ������ don’t know what prompted me to use his name and it was indeed John Hurt.
    Did Clive Warren tell you to do it?

https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/ric...ive-warren-21/

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
    For a Few Dollars More (1965)
    The Good The Bad and The Ugly (1966)

Watched them all in the last few weeks.
    The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly, nowt to do with Rogues Gallery on Millers mad, was it

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    The Graduate from 1969/70. I watch it every couple of years. Still stands up as one of my favourite films.

My daughter and I enjoy visiting film scene locations and we have quite a few for this film locally. UC Berkeley where Elaine went to university and Benjamin visits her (though several of the shots are actually locations in LA.) Driving across the Oakland Bridge. (The shot has him driving in the wrong direction for the logic of the scene. The bridge has also changed dramatically from how it looked fifty years ago.) San Francisco Zoo. (Again, the wrong zoo for the scene since they would have gone to the Oakland Zoo by bus from Berkeley.)

We also visited the church in Pasadena where Elaine is supposed to marry the preppy boy. (In the film they put it in Santa Barbara which is a more realistic drive form SF.) Looks exactly the same as in the film except there is no outside staircase to the upper level; that was built specially for the film to give Benjamin outside access. I've stood at the point where Dustin Hoffman bangs on the glass and screams "Elaine! Elaine!

Yeah, I'm a film scene nerd - so sue me!
    And the car was an Alfa Romeo Spyder wasn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not White Heat then?
    There was just something about the whole film from start to end. As for White heat, 'Look at me Ma I'm on top of the world'

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Sore Manager ?

Stock room exploits ?
    ...ffs I can't even type that right

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly, nowt to do with Rogues Gallery on Millers mad, was it
    Obviously I'm the Good now work out the others....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast