+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sheerins Last Stand v Perth Fairmers Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I really don't understand the attitude that someone, in this case Cormack, should subsidise our support for our club. Just ask Hearts about how that can work.
    Yer nae comparing oor Davie to thon mental Russian submarine manny that was at Hearts ??!!

I really think some folk don’t want us to be successful and be more than competitive. Derek McInnes was their benchmark and they were happy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I really think some folk don’t want us to be successful and be more than competitive. Derek McInnes was their benchmark and they were happy with him.
    I can't imagine any Dons fan wouldn't want their team to be successful

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not at all, I hope he manages to take us to the next level that everyone on here has been going on about for the last few years.

It shouldn’t be too difficult considering the league is so pish.
    God forbid anyone would want us to move to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    God forbid anyone would want us to move to the next level.
    Of course the fans want to move back to the next level but equally they shouldn't want us to run up huge debts and end up in administration like Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell or worse still die like the scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I can't imagine any Dons fan wouldn't want their team to be successful
    Se reply above.

Should we pay him and the rest of the investors back the £13-14m they spent on the training facilities?
    I don't know about the finances of the training facilities but I expect the club have that covered with some income from letting out some of the facility to people/ junior clubs in the area plus income from the SFA academy project. Also as I understand it some of the investment has been turned into shares.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Yer nae comparing oor Davie to thon mental Russian submarine manny that was at Hearts ??!!
    Absolutely not. But people putting in money to keep the club at the top eventually run out of money or move on. See Blackburn, Hearts or Bolton.

See the response above. A sustainable club and an ambitious club are not mutually exclusive. Some of Mr Cormacks ideas for increasing income by improving match day experience etc. are a start to achieving ambitious sustainability.

B0ll0cks

If Dave Cormack, Tom Crotty, Arthur Blank etc want to give us money then by all means let them do it. We will need all the help we can get.

Splash the cash and give us entertainment would be better than being tight fisted and hoping for third.

There is one person responsible for our Clubs lack of ambition over the last 20 odd years...

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    B0ll0cks
    Why?

If Dave Cormack, Tom Crotty, Arthur Blank etc want to give us money then by all means let them do it. We will need all the help we can get.

Splash the cash and give us entertainment would be better than being tight fisted and hoping for third.
    These guys may well provide cash but the problem comes if they decide they've had enough and leave the club with players on generous contracts the club can't afford.

Entertainment doesn't necessarily mean splashing the cash and therefore potentially putting the club at risk of administration. It perhaps means putting greater emphasis on attack. Sheerin suggested yesterday that they put more emphasis on attack at half time and it seemed to be a generally agreed view that the 2ndhalf performance was significantly better than the 1st. You can try for the highest position possible within your means without limiting your ambition to 3rd.
    Last edited by sonofrgmsdad; 11-04-2021 at 03:53 PM.

We won’t win the league playing the way we did all match yesterday. Let the business people at the club dip into their own pockets and get us a better standard of player then let’s get a haul of trophies in. Win win

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast