+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Sheerins Last Stand v Perth Fairmers Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Why?

Why not?

The club has has huge debts before and absolutely **** all to show for it. Nobody is asking Dave to start spending stupid money but it would be nice to move onwards and upwards rather than "we go again".

Bloody faux pragmatism.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Why not?
    I've made a point saying why but you'venot made any point saying why not.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We won’t win the league playing the way we did all match yesterday. Let the business people at the club dip into their own pockets and get us a better standard of player then let’s get a haul of trophies in. Win win
    I'd much rather we didn't rely on "dipping into pockets" by people who may or may not be in for the long haul and may or may not care about the future of our club. I do believe Cormack does. But doing it within our means rather than winning a p1ssing contest against the scum would be much more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The club has has huge debts before and absolutely **** all to show for it. Nobody is asking Dave to start spending stupid money but it would be nice to move onwards and upwards rather than "we go again".

Bloody faux pragmatism.
    The club, as you say, has had crippling debts with little end product. This would not be a good place to revisit. Didn't work then, won't work now and carries great risk. Ambition, yes but channelled in the right way by playing attacking football. Better faux pragmatism than faux irresponsible spending.

I'd much rather we didn't rely on "dipping into pockets" by people who may or may not be in for the long haul and may or may not care about the future of our club. I do believe Cormack does. But doing it within our means rather than winning a p1ssing contest against the scum would be much more satisfying.
    Blow the lot, you only live once.

I know Aberdonians are known for not wanting to spend their money but I didn’t realise some of us don’t want other people spending their own money too

I don’t think anyone is expecting the club to spend millions of pounds on players but it’s still possible to bring in better players than we have by showing a little bit of ambition.

We have the 3rd biggest budget in the league so we should be looking to sign better players than the likes of Curtis Main.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I know Aberdonians are known for not wanting to spend their money but I didn’t realise some of us don’t want other people spending their own money too

I don’t think anyone is expecting the club to spend millions of pounds on players but it’s still possible to bring in better players than we have by showing a little bit of ambition.

We have the 3rd biggest budget in the league so we should be looking to sign better players than the likes of Curtis Main.
    Point 1) It's not a simple as wanting someone to spend their money. Doing so is likely to tie the club into longer term contracts with higher costs. When an owner decides they've had enough this exposes the club to great risk.

Points 2&3) Again I don't think it is that simple. Players in the central belt can move between clubs up to around Dundee without moving house or kids school. I would therefore think that the package we have to offer must be significantly better than most to get the more experienced players to relocate. As for Curtis Main, whilst agreeing that it didn't work out for him here, he was unlucky with injury and did cause us problems when he was at Motherwell. Would be interesting to understand why he couldn't bring his Motherwell form to Aberdeen.

. Would be interesting to understand why he couldn't bring his Motherwell form to Aberdeen.
    Because he’s sheeite

Point 1) It's not a simple as wanting someone to spend their money. Doing so is likely to tie the club into longer term contracts with higher costs. When an owner decides they've had enough this exposes the club to great risk.

Points 2&3) Again I don't think it is that simple. Players in the central belt can move between clubs up to around Dundee without moving house or kids school. I would therefore think that the package we have to offer must be significantly better than most to get the more experienced players to relocate. As for Curtis Main, whilst agreeing that it didn't work out for him here, he was unlucky with injury and did cause us problems when he was at Motherwell. Would be interesting to understand why he couldn't bring his Motherwell form to Aberdeen.
    Curtis Main was pish before and during his time with us. He scored 8 goals for Motherwell. Eight goals. What problems did he cause us other than the semi final we were absolutely horse **** in?

You are worse than afcmad1903.

Don’t have so much fear because Stewart Milne did this with The Anchor Man. It’s time to move on and be more positive. Cormack and his American chums have plenty cash (dirty or not) so if they want to be ambitious with it then we should certainly give them a shot.
    I would like us to give the two young lads who play the full backs a chance and that will save a few dollars. Every other position is up for grabs so splash the cash should be the new club motto

If the rumours are true about us signing Leigh Griffiths and Declan Gallagher then they would definitely strengthen us.

It’s not exactly going to cripple us financially by signing these type of players instead of the likes of Ash Taylor and Curtis Main.

It’s nothing against Stephen Glass at all here but if he doesn’t get to sign better players than we have then he is going to struggle.

We could get the best manager in the world and they would struggle to make us entertaining to watch with the players we have been signing for the last few years.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast