+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sheerins Last Stand v Perth Fairmers Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    As for Curtis Main, whilst agreeing that it didn't work out for him here, he was unlucky with injury and did cause us problems when he was at Motherwell. Would be interesting to understand why he couldn't bring his Motherwell form to Aberdeen.
    Really?????

Just for amusement’s sake, remind me what club Curtis Main is playing for now?

I hope you’d been drinking when you wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Would be interesting to understand why he couldn't bring his Motherwell form to Aberdeen.
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Because he’s sheeite
    Because he is sh1te would be one reason, Derek McHunnis would have been another reason as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Because he is sh1te would be one reason, Derek McHunnis would have been another reason as well.
    The general standard of signing by McInnes was poor apart from a few gems (Shinnie ,Ferguson, Maddison on loan etc) but for every one of those signings there were multiple flops most of which I can’t remember their names now.

Let’s just hope Glass will be given the backing to improve the quality of signings we make and be more proactive in promoting youth to the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You are worse than afcmad1903.
    Proper robust response to the points raised there. Well done. I'll think about you're responses to the points to see if it changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If the rumours are true about us signing Leigh Griffiths and Declan Gallagher then they would definitely strengthen us.

It’s not exactly going to cripple us financially by signing these type of players instead of the likes of Ash Taylor and Curtis Main.

It’s nothing against Stephen Glass at all here but if he doesn’t get to sign better players than we have then he is going to struggle.

We could get the best manager in the world and they would struggle to make us entertaining to watch with the players we have been signing for the last few years.
    ‘Ash Taylor and Curtis Main’ really is the correct answer to any question regarding why there’s a glass ceiling we repeatedly fail to breach. Absolute cart horses. I’m not sure which is a greater crime; signing Main when he was so very clearly not an improvement on what we had, or signing Taylor for a SECOND time after seeing that he had found his level in England and should have been left there.

But that’s the problem. It would take a ****ing HUUUUGE amount of money to significantly change our fortunes. We’d have to be truly markedly better than the other teams out with the cheeks and raised up further still to legitimately get between then let alone win it. It’s just not realistic as much as i want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post

But that’s the problem. It would take a ****ing HUUUUGE amount of money to significantly change our fortunes. We’d have to be truly markedly better than the other teams out with the cheeks and raised up further still to legitimately get between then let alone win it. It’s just not realistic as much as i want it to happen.
    The boys at Hoffenheim and Leipzig managed something similar ;-D

We'd have to rename to Aberdeen Red Bulls or something though. Nae sure I'd take success at that price.

Aye, even buying clever would prob only really make us a solid third rather than a solid second, mind you Huns are bound to implode again soon (surely ?)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213