+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Accies away

Didnt give those inbred masons my £15 - How did Hoti play when he came on?

Didn’t do much. Appere did better when came on.

Good Result, Safety which was the main objective of the season.

Accies started brightly then we scored (good to see us punish a team for a mistake for once) for the next 10/15mins thought we started to control the game without creating too much but then for the last 20mins of the half, we really struggled to get out as Hamilton pushed forward without having many clear cut chances (Callachan's chance probably biggest) A lot of their shots were from range and shots that I'd expect Benji to be saving tbh.

2nd half thought they started better and certainly on the front foot but I felt they fell out of it plus I actually thought MM's subbies worked. As they became more desperate we started to look more dangerous on the counter and could have easily scored again. Overall I think they were the better side but don't think they dominated like the stats suggested or the media are portraying it.

Benji- dealt with what he needed to. Don't think he made any saves that he wasn't expected to make.
    Smith- Steady nothing great nothing poor.
    Edwards- Solid enough.
    Reynolds- few dodgy moments but overall decent enough
    Robson- Defended well and even put in one or two good crosses near the end.
    Butcher- Thought he was decent
    Harkes- Worked hard but poor on the ball
    Fuchs- Great assist for McNulty but i actually thought he was fairly poor today.
    Sporle- Not his greatest game but worked hard.
    McNulty- took his goal well and worked hard.
    Shankland- Lacking confidence it seems. Seemed to be awfully down today?

Pawlett- Thought he brought energy to the team when he came on.
    Clark- few nice touches
    Hoti- Looked not too bad when he came on and got stuck in with a few nice passes.
    Appere- Some good runs near the end.

Overall not the greatest of performances but another win and another clean sheet so can't grumble too much. Allows us to not need to panic on any relegation worries and can try and enjoy the remaining league games.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Good Result, Safety which was the main objective of the season.

Accies started brightly then we scored (good to see us punish a team for a mistake for once) for the next 10/15mins thought we started to control the game without creating too much but then for the last 20mins of the half, we really struggled to get out as Hamilton pushed forward without having many clear cut chances (Callachan's chance probably biggest) A lot of their shots were from range and shots that I'd expect Benji to be saving tbh.

2nd half thought they started better and certainly on the front foot but I felt they fell out of it plus I actually thought MM's subbies worked. As they became more desperate we started to look more dangerous on the counter and could have easily scored again. Overall I think they were the better side but don't think they dominated like the stats suggested or the media are portraying it.

Benji- dealt with what he needed to. Don't think he made any saves that he wasn't expected to make.
    Smith- Steady nothing great nothing poor.
    Edwards- Solid enough.
    Reynolds- few dodgy moments but overall decent enough
    Robson- Defended well and even put in one or two good crosses near the end.
    Butcher- Thought he was decent
    Harkes- Worked hard but poor on the ball
    Fuchs- Great assist for McNulty but i actually thought he was fairly poor today.
    Sporle- Not his greatest game but worked hard.
    McNulty- took his goal well and worked hard.
    Shankland- Lacking confidence it seems. Seemed to be awfully down today?

Pawlett- Thought he brought energy to the team when he came on.
    Clark- few nice touches
    Hoti- Looked not too bad when he came on and got stuck in with a few nice passes.
    Appere- Some good runs near the end.

Overall not the greatest of performances but another win and another clean sheet so can't grumble too much. Allows us to not need to panic on any relegation worries and can try and enjoy the remaining league games.
    Good summary Darren.
    Our survival justified imo

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    We were great in the first 20 minutes, as soon as they decided to have a go, we looked disjointed and lacking in tactical awareness and a wee bit oh oomph.

Over the moon with the win, and the 3 big points. Seventh heaven is now the target... Nae Europe then ??
    Agree but I also think we controlled the game in the 2nd half when the subs came on.

Well chuffed to have got league safety over the line so popcorn oot to see if we will get a derby next season.

Well done Mickey and the lads,it's no been easy or at times easy on the eye but we got there thanks totally to Mark McNulty.......we'll done sir
    Last edited by Whitfieldarab; 10-04-2021 at 04:52 PM.

We are safe objective achieved. The lads have done enough and MM has done the best with what he’s got. But the football hasn’t been great. Stole it against Patrick (league 1) and Hamilton (worst team in the league) were the better team today. We need to strengthen for next season and we need to vastly improve the quality in the final 3rd. Otherwise Its going to be another long season.

Result was very good. Wish we were more clinical though and made it more comfortable. The stats will show they had lots of shots. None that I felt were a true threat though. We were worth the 3 points.
    We had some good passages of play and created good chances openings.
    Clear that Brian Rice had got in the ref's head. Bizarre decisions/lack of decisions and a stonewall penalty denied for us.
    Agree the subs did well. Dont think those that came off were poor, just well timed to make changes. Clark and Pawlett both did well and resulted in us regaining control of the game with that subtle shape change. Appere ran the channels well in the short time he was on. Would like to see more of Hoti, seemed to have a bit about him.
    Shankland will have better days and better seasons in front of goal but he worked incredibly hard and linked the game well.
    Horrible place to play, 3 points there always good to get.
    Most importantly my bum will not be squeaky for the rest of the season and I can drink even more happily than normal tonight!

Hamilton were decent today, but if as their manager and the radio are saying it was their best performance of the season today then it's no great shock they are bottom.

Fingers crossed we have some signings lined up, youngsters ready to step up, and we keep on the few stand outs we have, namely Siegrist, otherwise next season is just going to be about staying up again and watching brutal football.

Good result

Last 7 league games, 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat at Ibrox with 5 cleansheets

Going along nicely, hopefully have a quick start next Friday and get right at them, cup game is most important left

Great result today. I watched the match and think some are being a little overly critical. They were always going to push us after we scored so early but it speaks volumes that they couldn't find a way through what has been a great defence lately. PP made a difference again when he came on so I can see why he's useful to have in the squad.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)