+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Accies away

Now that Accies have been taken care of we have set ourselves up with a real chance of fixing up the dream scenario of getting the plastic cheats of Accies and Killie the phuck out of the division. If we can win at Rugby Park then they are right in the sh!te.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Now that Accies have been taken care of we have set ourselves up with a real chance of fixing up the dream scenario of getting the plastic cheats of Accies and Killie the phuck out of the division. If we can win at Rugby Park then they are right in the sh!te.
    Its the ideal scenario James but you forget one thing,MY WEE TEAM blew it v The Ton today and have left Raith in the Range Rover's driving seat and they play on FN plastic!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its the ideal scenario James but you forget one thing,MY WEE TEAM blew it v The Ton today and have left Raith in the Range Rover's driving seat and they play on FN plastic!!!.
    Yeh I honestly didn’t know that Raith had had plastic installed until I watched their game the other night v Dunfermline. I believe that they had it fitted a couple of years back and very strangely they have had a huge uplift in results since. Very odd - it’s almost as if the plastic gives them an unfair advantage. Surely not????

Asides from that, surely the Championship Manager Of The Month has enough wherewithal to navigate Funny FC back up? Doesn’t he???

Yeh I honestly didn’t know that Raith had had plastic installed until I watched their game the other night v Dunfermline. I believe that they had it fitted a couple of years back and very strangely they have had a huge uplift in results since. Very odd - it’s almost as if the plastic gives them an unfair advantage. Surely not????

Asides from that, surely the Championship Manager Of The Month has enough wherewithal to navigate Funny FC back up? Doesn’t he???
    My WEE team are gonna struggle mate but i will never give up on them,FACT.

https://spfl.co.uk/clubs/dundee/fixtures

****ey site i have taken you to though as they have got the manager of the month McPoke's name spelt wrong.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 10-04-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Good Result, Safety which was the main objective of the season.

Accies started brightly then we scored (good to see us punish a team for a mistake for once) for the next 10/15mins thought we started to control the game without creating too much but then for the last 20mins of the half, we really struggled to get out as Hamilton pushed forward without having many clear cut chances (Callachan's chance probably biggest) A lot of their shots were from range and shots that I'd expect Benji to be saving tbh.

2nd half thought they started better and certainly on the front foot but I felt they fell out of it plus I actually thought MM's subbies worked. As they became more desperate we started to look more dangerous on the counter and could have easily scored again. Overall I think they were the better side but don't think they dominated like the stats suggested or the media are portraying it.

Benji- dealt with what he needed to. Don't think he made any saves that he wasn't expected to make.
    Smith- Steady nothing great nothing poor.
    Edwards- Solid enough.
    Reynolds- few dodgy moments but overall decent enough
    Robson- Defended well and even put in one or two good crosses near the end.
    Butcher- Thought he was decent
    Harkes- Worked hard but poor on the ball
    Fuchs- Great assist for McNulty but i actually thought he was fairly poor today.
    Sporle- Not his greatest game but worked hard.
    McNulty- took his goal well and worked hard.
    Shankland- Lacking confidence it seems. Seemed to be awfully down today?

Pawlett- Thought he brought energy to the team when he came on.
    Clark- few nice touches
    Hoti- Looked not too bad when he came on and got stuck in with a few nice passes.
    Appere- Some good runs near the end.

Overall not the greatest of performances but another win and another clean sheet so can't grumble too much. Allows us to not need to panic on any relegation worries and can try and enjoy the remaining league games.
    Great summary and agree with most of this.

I do think though Benji was MOTM

He makes so many saves regularly that I think we forget how good he is.

Actually a couple I though he could have held but he got down to save.

The one from Callahan with his foot was great save and usually that goes in.

Also Benji was constantly geeing up the defence

We really need to keep Benji for next season. Most important player along with shanks

Agree that by the end and when he came off shanks looked annoyed

McNulty took goal well but still I don’t think he works hard enough. Not sure what his boxing match with Hamilton boy that fouled him near end was about !!

Fuchs brilliant at goal but not at his best today

Harkes does not do enough in his position.

Pawlett was good when came on (playing for his contract) but could have given away silly penalty at the end

Fortunate that it was against not great opposition today but brilliant to get the three points and to be SAFE

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

now we need to properly build for next season and get rid of the hangers on

My WEE team are gonna struggle mate but i will never give up on them,FACT.

https://spfl.co.uk/clubs/dundee/fixtures

****ey site i have taken you to though as they have got the manager of the month McPoke's name spelt wrong.
    If the Funsters are to harbour hopes of getting up (or indeed whoever the Championship Final Play Off team happens to be) then I think out of the two they have to hope that it’s Accies they play. That in itself will not be easy but I just can’t see Killie losing a two legged play off. If Killie are to take the drop I think we need them to finish bottom.

If the Funsters are to harbour hopes of getting up (or indeed whoever the Championship Final Play Off team happens to be) then I think out of the two they have to hope that it’s Accies they play. That in itself will not be easy but I just can’t see Killie losing a two legged play off. If Killie are to take the drop I think we need them to finish bottom.
    I want Accies to ****, hoping they finish bottom to make sure. Although I still want us to beat Killie next week so that won't help lol

I’d definitely settle for scenario where Hamilton bottom and Killie in play offs.

That would be give added benefit that Killie could beat the funsters in the play off if required. Alternatively Killie could go down and we have some derbies and more guaranteed points next season !!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’d definitely settle for scenario where Hamilton bottom and Killie in play offs.

That would be give added benefit that Killie could beat the funsters in the play off if required. Alternatively Killie could go down and we have some derbies and more guaranteed points next season !!
    I would be more than happy to see the Dees in the play off final but by phuck they have got massive hurdles to cross before getting there.The first of those is away to the Pars on Tuesday and in my opinion that is the easiest game they have left this season and its a must win.
    The nightmare fixture is away to ICT with Doddsie and the Pundit sharpening their axes as i post.The last time anyone affiliated to the establishment from Dundee had success in the highlands was those wearing red coats at the battle of Culloden in 1746.

I would be more than happy to see the Dees in the play off final but by phuck they have got massive hurdles to cross before getting there.The first of those is away to the Pars on Tuesday and in my opinion that is the easiest game they have left this season and its a must win.
    The nightmare fixture is away to ICT with Doddsie and the Pundit sharpening their axes as i post.The last time anyone affiliated to the establishment from Dundee had success in the highlands was those wearing red coats at the battle of Culloden in 1746.
    It’s interesting for the Funsters.

All their remaining league matches are against teams around them.

Could go any way for the team across the road

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)