+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accies away

Accies away

Not to be underestimated that if we win against ‘the team that refuses to be relegated’ then we have managed to stay up in our first season back.

This would be massive achievement after all the stress of the hearts case in summer, not having a chance to plan properly and Micky M coming in just before the start of the season with a forced manager change.

Much like when we went up I think shanks has been massive for us this season. The win against Rossco really got us out of our slump and has helped us move clear of the bottom two

If we can win tomorrow and move clear and be confirmed safe then I will certainly raise a glass or two to that on Saturday night 🍻

Not sure if Liam S is back and fit again - otherwise would have to use Bolton again. I’d like to see

Benji
    Smith Reynolds Edwards Robson
    Fuchs Butcher
    Appere Pawlett Sporle
    Shanks

Hamilton can look good if we let them. Would be nice to really go after them tomorrow and get a convincing win

COME ON UNITED !!

Wouldn't argue with that line up

Spot on. Big opportunity to confirm safety then can "enjoy" the rest of the season. It can allow us to hopefully play with some sort of freedom we havent played with much this season.

The first post starting lineup is what i would play but i do think Harkes will be in.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Not to be underestimated that if we win against ‘the team that refuses to be relegated’ then we have managed to stay up in our first season back.

This would be massive achievement after all the stress of the hearts case in summer, not having a chance to plan properly and Micky M coming in just before the start of the season with a forced manager change.

Much like when we went up I think shanks has been massive for us this season. The win against Rossco really got us out of our slump and has helped us move clear of the bottom two

If we can win tomorrow and move clear and be confirmed safe then I will certainly raise a glass or two to that on Saturday night ��

Not sure if Liam S is back and fit again - otherwise would have to use Bolton again. I’d like to see

Benji
    Smith Reynolds Edwards Robson
    Fuchs Butcher
    Appere Pawlett Sporle
    Shanks

Hamilton can look good if we let them. Would be nice to really go after them tomorrow and get a convincing win

COME ON UNITED !!
    Good post - pretty much sums up how all Arabs are thinking and feeling.

Agree - I would like to see Appere back in the side. I hope & pray that Liam Smith is back in his usual place.

Both teams are battle-hardened after a long season. I think they are probably a bit stronger- physically - than us. But I reckon we are a fitter side than them with a great goalkeeper at one end and a great striker up top.

I would go mental for a win, and that would be a great start in respect of overhauling StM for a 7th place finish. But suspect we could be looking at a 1-1. Not what we want, but no disgrace by any measure.

I would pretty much go with that side, maybe Harkes for Appere just because I anticipate a battle. They will be approaching this like a cup final, and it is on their grotty plastic pitch. Even though the pressure is off us to a certain extent, I just don't think we are good enough or have the players to think we will magically when the shackles are off start playing free flowing football, so we have to be up for it otherwise, as the dire first half against Thistle showed. Might be a bit negative, but unlike the first two draws, I wouldn't be too disappointed this time with a draw, but win would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Good post - pretty much sums up how all Arabs are thinking and feeling.
    How would you know that Stokie 2 ?? Kiddin' obviously

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I would pretty much go with that side, maybe Harkes for Appere just because I anticipate a battle. They will be approaching this like a cup final, and it is on their grotty plastic pitch. Even though the pressure is off us to a certain extent, I just don't think we are good enough or have the players to think we will magically when the shackles are off start playing free flowing football, so we have to be up for it otherwise, as the dire first half against Thistle showed. Might be a bit negative, but unlike the first two draws, I wouldn't be too disappointed this time with a draw, but win would be great.
    Yes they have got decent players that can hurt us. They have stayed competitive all season as they always do. Other games this season have been tight.

I do fancy us though.

Appere is getting tougher. Personally I think Harkes is not the toughest. He doesn’t create enough given where he plays imo

This is very tough. They'll be fighting like tigers. Remember they are perennial relegation-avoiders & their first of 5 games campaign battle starts today at 3pm. Under this circumstance we'll do well to avoid defeat. So 0-0 would be a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    This is very tough. They'll be fighting like tigers. Remember they are perennial relegation-avoiders & their first of 5 games campaign battle starts today at 3pm. Under this circumstance we'll do well to avoid defeat. So 0-0 would be a good result.
    Today is gonna be a battle so Harkes on the bench please.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)