+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Philip

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I would think with any parents/family of mixed race, different skin colours, speculation about what colour the baby will turn out to be is perfectly normal, it would be a weird family that didn't discuss it, or at least wonder about it. And of course they just made a vague accusation of racism, if one of the Royal Family is racist, why should they be allowed to get away with it, they should name him or her, but they haven't got the courage to do that, they just play the race card and allow the cloud to hang over all of them. A vile, despicable couple of money-grubbers, the Queen is well shut of the pair of them.
    A remark of do you know what the colour the babies skin will be, is more than just a vague comment. While it may not be seen by some as being racist it certainly shows the ignorance of the person saying such a thing. As the reports say that there is a difference of opinion about the wording but the Queen is obviously taking it seriously enough to investigate or so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    A remark of do you know what the colour the babies skin will be, is more than just a vague comment. While it may not be seen by some as being racist it certainly shows the ignorance of the person saying such a thing. As the reports say that there is a difference of opinion about the wording but the Queen is obviously taking it seriously enough to investigate or so they say.
    I think, as sinkov....for them, guessing on what tone/shade of skin colour, is normal....I know two couples with different m/f skin pigment, with one, they have two young kids, the boy is of lighter shade, finer boned but thicker curly hair, the girl is darker and stronger physical structure..But for me, if not my kid, why would I care.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    State Funeral? Hard to keep those numbers attending down to less than thirty.
    absolutely - BT.....Family members only, no changing the rules for - Them.

"I think, as sinkov....for them, guessing on what tone/shade of skin colour, is normal....I know two couples with different m/f skin pigment, with one, they have two young kids, the boy is of lighter shade, finer boned but thicker curly hair, the girl is darker and stronger physical structure..But for me, if not my kid, why would I care."

Even if you wondered the skin colour, would you be so insensitive as to ask the father such a question, I certainly wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    "I think, as sinkov....for them, guessing on what tone/shade of skin colour, is normal....I know two couples with different m/f skin pigment, with one, they have two young kids, the boy is of lighter shade, finer boned but thicker curly hair, the girl is darker and stronger physical structure..But for me, if not my kid, why would I care."

Even if you wondered the skin colour, would you be so insensitive as to ask the father such a question, I certainly wouldn't.
    well, one dad I could say what I liked , and he could say whatever he wants to me, we know each other well enough to know better than imagine any weirdness...so am sure he wouldn't care if I did, but then he'd know I wouldn't because, as I said, why would it matter to me....so his question if I did would perhaps be - Why ?

I would think with any parents/family of mixed race, different skin colours, speculation about what colour the baby will turn out to be is perfectly normal, it would be a weird family that didn't discuss it, or at least wonder about it. And of course they just made a vague accusation of racism, if one of the Royal Family is racist, why should they be allowed to get away with it, they should name him or her, but they haven't got the courage to do that, they just play the race card and allow the cloud to hang over all of them. A vile, despicable couple of money-grubbers, the Queen is well shut of the pair of them.
    Sometimes sinkov, I read your posts and I think is the old codger being serious or is he on a wind-up mission?

I think Harry carries his mother's death on his shoulders far too much. I'm also pretty sure he wonders who is father really is. His (half) brother William is so far up his own arse he has no empathy for anyone else.

IMHO the whole lot of them are a set of vile, despicable cabal of money-grubbers, when the the Queen dies we should close the "Firm" down and be well shut of the lot of them.

Why on earth we have the media frenzy over an American female soap actor of mixed racial heritage I have no idea, nor do I really care.

I believe with 100% conviction, it's time to wind the "Royal Soap Opera" down and why the f*ck are we firing cannons off castle walls?

Sometimes sinkov, I read your posts and I think is the old codger being serious or is he on a wind-up mission?

I think Harry carries his mother's death on his shoulders far too much. I'm also pretty sure he wonders who is father really is. His (half) brother William is so far up his own arse he has no empathy for anyone else.

IMHO the whole lot of them are a set of vile, despicable cabal of money-grubbers, when the the Queen dies we should close the "Firm" down and be well shut of the lot of them.

Why on earth we have the media frenzy over an American female soap actor of mixed racial heritage I have no idea, nor do I really care.

I believe with 100% conviction, it's time to wind the "Royal Soap Opera" down and why the f*ck are we firing cannons off castle walls?
    Why did you post if you really don’t care ?

At present I think it is a far better option having Queen Elizabeth as head of state than President Johnson or President Starmer.
    However, when the Queen dies than it would be more debateable whether the choice of a President or King Charles would be better for this country.

In Norder's Picture I must agree with the hat and chair part, but the Queen does pay some tax, albeit probably less than is received from the civil list. During the Thatcher years the Queen was often opposed to the government policies on austerity. As for knighting *****philes the honours list, which I think is well past its sell by date, is drawn up by the prime minister, the Queen just does the sword bit and in some cases it would have been far better had she used the sword to behead the person kneeling in front of her.

But all the prancing about in lavish costumes and uniforms does appeal to the tourist industry, particularly the London economy, but I am sure the country would survive with out it.

I think BT that the Monarchy is useful in that the Queen has a role as Head of State, our armed forces, I would suggest, are more loyal to the Queen than any Prime Minister, politician or political party. Her power, her authority, such as it is, is largely symbolic and she would never use the powers she does have. If we abolish the monarchy, those powers, that authority, that status are up for grabs, and our scumbag politicians would grab them quick enough. The limited powers the Queen retains are safe in her hands, she will not use them, no monarch will, and I don't want them falling into the hands of second-rate, preening, corrupt politicians, we're close enough to being a banana republic as it is.

Better keep a hold of nurse, for fear of finding something worse, as the blessed St Margaret was fond of saying.

I think BT that the Monarchy is useful in that the Queen has a role as Head of State, our armed forces, I would suggest, are more loyal to the Queen than any Prime Minister, politician or political party. Her power, her authority, such as it is, is largely symbolic and she would never use the powers she does have. If we abolish the monarchy, those powers, that authority, that status are up for grabs, and our scumbag politicians would grab them quick enough. The limited powers the Queen retains are safe in her hands, she will not use them, no monarch will, and I don't want them falling into the hands of second-rate, preening, corrupt politicians, we're close enough to being a banana republic as it is.

Better keep a hold of nurse, for fear of finding something worse, as the blessed St Margaret was fond of saying.
    I have to agree with you Sinkov, but with the exception of the last sentence. I presume in that sentence you are referring to Thatcher, who I think did more harm to the country than any other politician she was pure evil her only objective was to further herself.

In post 15 BT, you take issue with the above, you even suggest it's wind up.

My nephew is a ginge, he married a lass with black hair, before the birth of their first daughter there was constant speculation about what hair colour the sprog would have. I have no doubt if he had married a black lass the colour of skin would have been added to the discussions as well, and why would it not, perfectly normal, unless you're one of those weird people who sees racism in every utterance from a white person.

And what is wrong with suggesting that if there is a racist resident in the Royal Family, he/she should be named and shamed, either put up or shut up, unless of course you're just playing the race card.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)