+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Prince Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    We can’t choose who we are born to and we all say things we regret, some more than once I guess. However he had one chance at life like us all. No one is perfect, so RIP fella.
    Good post, couldn’t agree more. Like it or not, he was part of British life for a long time, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Was he Greek or Nazi?

I’ve never been 100% sure.
    He was Greek and he fought against the Nazis.

RIP - he was respected around the World and rightly or wrongly spoke his mind! I admired this!

Sad day and even before his passing his mind was razor sharp!

Incredibly sad day ..... thoughts are with the Queen who must be finding it so hard ..... although she will never show it in public. Hope this can bring the Royal Family together after the recent s**t stirring and utter b******s we have seen on TV recently.

Like most on here I didn’t really know the fella so will go by what I’ve heard anecdotally which in itself isn’t great

Firstly like anyone who fought in any war for our country I am grateful and honour and appreciate their involvement

Secondly for his or any family that loses a loved member I send condolences and it touches me in a way that I and billions around the world can relate to, right? (Especially over the last year, but also generally in life)

But I have to say it does tickle me with people who think the Royal family are like our families, they have traditions, courtiers, advisors, PR teams, we really have no idea what they are like and I’m not convinced they can relate to the issues that families like ours have, but they do love to pretend they can

Like most if my opinions they are not set in stone and I stand to be corrected, but I think the Royal family in general couldn’t give a monkeys, are only concerned when it affects them, or they need to be seen to be doing something in order to retain the ability to have their hand in the pot
    But let’s face it they are not alone we have politicians and their mates (look at the spend over COVID) and people fiddling any kind of benefit all playing the game too

Getting back to Phillip I have no idea if he is racist or plain stupid or out of touch, he’s had a lot of offensive comments attributed to him which ain’t great and nothing IMO to be appreciated for

He does seem a blooming stubborn old fella eg still driving when you clearly cannot which I’m not others would have got away with in this way he does seem like my Grandad

These people think they are better than the rest of us, just by being born or married into a family, which is offensive to me as a concept
    but on a human level I feel for his family and friends but also in the same way I do for anyone that has ever passed away and been a decent person too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)