+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Phil the Greek

RIP Phil the Greek

Not a royalist - but he was a curmudgenally, funny old bugger, who was more famous for his gaffs than anything else.
    Probably my favorite of the bunch.

Sad he didn't quite make his 100th

Just hope the schit stirring failed actress stays away - for her own sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Not a royalist - but he was a curmudgenally, funny old bugger, who was more famous for his gaffs than anything else.
    Probably my favorite of the bunch.

Sad he didn't quite make his 100th

Just hope the schit stirring failed actress stays away - for her own sake.
    Without him, we wouldn't have the Queen we have, without the Queen, we wouldn't have the royal family (with all its flaws) we have, and apart from one or two, I wouldn't swap what we have for a republic and president for all the tea in China.

Take some time to read, listen, watch accounts of what he did. The "meedja" might prefer to make merry with his gaffes, but how many knew he was the first UK President of WWF (and later international president), Windsor Park Ranger (and a working one at that), President and patron of Trinity House, and the man who gave us the Duke of Edinburgh Award, which has helped hundreds of thousands of young people challenge themselves and prove to themselves and to others just how capable they are. Just some of the hundreds of organisations that benefitted from his patronage, and active involvement.

As for that woman, with you all the way.

RIP to a great man, irreplaceable, and thoughts to the magnificent lady he has left behind, and to the family who for once and to a man and woman, need to put her first and themselves last.

R.I.P to a great man ,outspoken at times but true with it.. The Royal family wont be the same without him.Condolences to all his family

Not a royal fan but indeed a sad day.

Indeed. Some contribution over a significant period of time. RIP.

A mate of mine has met him a couple of times through the horsey scene, my mate does it on a shoestring but says Prince P always spoke to everyone and showed an interest what ever peoples status. He certainly had a full life and as others have been saying on social media a shame he didn't make the big 100.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    A mate of mine has met him a couple of times through the horsey scene, my mate does it on a shoestring but says Prince P always spoke to everyone and showed an interest what ever peoples status. He certainly had a full life and as others have been saying on social media a shame he didn't make the big 100.
    Interesting you should mention the "horsey" scene and his involvement. Saw a clip on TV earlier where a bloke he drove a coach and four with, a scrap metal merchant, was saying that no matter the chasm in "position", Philip just treated it all as "on a par", just wanting to make sure the driving went well, no matter who and what was involved.

He led a long and multi-faceted life during which he ultimately had a positive effect on the lives of many others. Clearly took his family responsibilities seriously, but above all stayed true to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek_Sec View Post
    He led a long and multi-faceted life during which he ultimately had a positive effect on the lives of many others. Clearly took his family responsibilities seriously, but above all stayed true to himself.
    Worked incredibly hard

Headed so many charities

Did so much for many - look at the DoE

Never looked for credit just got on with it.

Sad day for the Queen and the whole country the world will be a poorer place without him

I'd be lying if I wasn't honest that people here in Oz are only 50/50 at best about their support for the monarchy. And whilst I too don't really care for what happens personally (i.e. Harry & Meghan, Andrew etc. etc.), having visited places like Buckingham Palace and Windsor Palace, I fully respect the traditions and everything that goes with the related history. I found it all fascinating, and share the sorrow of losing such a high profile dignitory. May he rest in peace, and Queen E overcome her sad loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)