+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Manchester City - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

TEAM NEWS

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola hopes to once again have a fully-fit squad at his disposal for Saturday's visit of Leeds.

Kevin De Bruyne should be available after*signing a two-year extension to his contract*earlier this week.

Leeds United will be without on-loan winger Jack Harrison, who is ineligible to face his parent club.

Adam Forshaw remains absent with a hip injury, but there are no further issues for Marcelo Bielsa's side.

Leeds gave Manchester City a really good game at Elland Road in October but Pep Guardiola's side look like a totally different team these days.

I know Leeds will be adventurous but I just don't see them having very much of the ball.

Guardiola can afford to rest whoever he wants before his side go to Borussia Dortmund for the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final next Wednesday, and I don't think it will make much difference.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Leeds could beat Manchester City away in the Premier League for the first time since a 4-0 victory at Maine Road in January 2001.

Leeds had 52% ball possession in the 1-1 draw with Manchester City earlier this season. No team has ever had the majority of possession against a Pep Guardiola-managed side in both top-flight meetings in a season.

Manchester City

Manchester City need 11 points from their remaining seven league fixtures to guarantee winning a fifth Premier League title.They have won 27 of their past 28 matches in all competitions, with the exception being a home league defeat against Manchester United last month.

City have kept an unrivalled 17 Premier League clean sheets this season, just three behind their top-flight record set in 2018-19.

Pep Guardiola's side have only conceded nine league goals since the turn of the year, keeping clean sheets in 10 of their 17 top-flight games during that period.They are unbeaten in 41 home matches against newly-promoted sides since a 2-0 defeat by Reading in February 2007 (W36, D5).

Sergio Aguero could play against Leeds in the Premier League for the first time. He has scored against 32 of the 33 teams he has faced in the competition, only failing to do so against Bolton.Gabriel Jesus is one goal away from becoming just the second Brazilian player to reach 50 Premier League goals, emulating Roberto Firmino.

Leeds United

Leeds United's tally of 42 points is their highest after 30 games of a Premier League campaign since 2001-02, when they had 51 points and went on to finish fifth.Marcelo Bielsa's side are yet to draw a Premier League away fixture this season (W7, L8).

They could win three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since 2002-03 under Terry Venables. That run was ended by a 2-1 defeat against Manchester City at Maine Road.Raphinha has been directly involved in nine goals in 13 Premier League away appearances, scoring four and setting up five.

3 - 1.

MOT.

I dont normally bet, but i need Wambam to put just one on target for me to be big winner!!

Raphina looking promising

How did he miss that

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    How did he miss that
    Because i had loot on it.....

Costas passing is woeful

Doing better than I thought we would so far - that should ruin it

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Doing better than I thought we would so far - that should ruin it
    Coopers a ****ing liability at set pieces FFS - How they didn't get a penalty for his bloody shirt pulling is beyond me.
    He does it every bloody game - gets away with more than you would think

Allioski is brilliant today lol!!

City getting closer. Dangerous now. Need to survive till halftime.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)