+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Maybe we should play with 10 men more often 😆

That happened to us so often in the EFL where we would dominate but lose

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Maybe we should play with 10 men more often ��

That happened to us so often in the EFL where we would dominate but lose
    Yes, clearly this 70% possession and 25 shots per game is a flawed tactic. Much better to scrape 29% possession and only have 2 shots all match but they both go in.

Saw last twenty minutes or so - bad planning on getting my first COVID shot in middle of game.

Happy my 2-0 prediction was wrong!

Apart from Scum, we are the only team to tske 4 points off City this season!

Who got official MOM?

Dallas I would assume but didn't hear as I had the volume off

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Bloody Hell (with bells on). The ONE time I say we won't win in the prediction league and we do.

Cooper was a little unlucky but we defended better without him and his suspension will mean we get Koch or Struijk - both of whom are better.

How in the name of God was Fernandinho not sent off for that assault on Raphinha?

Meslier commanded his box really well. Phillips, Dallas and Llorente were excellent.
    It will be Llorente and Struijk because Bielsa likes left - right foot combination.
    I think the ref thought it wasn't a denial of goal scoring opportunity by Fernandinho. Will have to look at that again. Not sure why raphinha didn't go for goal but cut inside to make sure he got the contact. Might have scored. All in all Raphinha played well I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    It will be Llorente and Struijk because Bielsa likes left - right foot combination.
    I think the ref thought it wasn't a denial of goal scoring opportunity by Fernandinho. Will have to look at that again. Not sure why raphinha didn't go for goal but cut inside to make sure he got the contact. Might have scored. All in all Raphinha played well I thought.
    Think youre right about that - Koch looked ok as a defensive midfielder tyoo - so If Philips has anyn further problems looks like we have a replacement.

As someone pointed out where are the usual suspects today on our best win of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Not sure whether a goal scoring opportunity comes into it in this case - he simply took him out deliberately with no intention to play the ball. It was dangerous and could have caused a serious injury. He also committed another foul on Raphinha earlier which could easily have been a yellow.

At least Cooper actually got the ball and then caught Jesus with the follow through which, unless you can change the laws of momentum, was unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Apart from Scum, we are the only team to tske 4 points off City this season!

Who got official MOM?

Dallas I would assume but didn't hear as I had the volume off
    Phillips got the MOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Think youre right about that - Koch looked ok as a defensive midfielder tyoo - so If Philips has anyn further problems looks like we have a replacement.

As someone pointed out where are the usual suspects today on our best win of the season?
    If I am included in that merry band, my absence was down to family matters, and despite the famous win (just watched the highlights from Sky and BT Sport, really sorry to have missed the full game!) family comes first.

Glad to see all doing so well (from the posts and the bits in the highlights, even Alioski gets some praise! ), and would agree about Cooper being unlucky on this occasion, clearly played the ball, and then momentum takes over. Does the red for that imply that challenging for a ball like that is no longer possible (not sure even Bielsa can change the laws of physics!)?

Hopefully there will be more than three minutes on MOTD.

Here's to next season in the PL!

Calm down everyone, VAR has just come back and updated the game; they apologise for Cooper going off and he can come back on now, even though it was a bit reckless; however it had been reported that Dallas smiled before he scored the second goal, this is now called 'anticipation' and will not be tolerated, therefore both his goals are disallowed. Cooper can play 45 minutes on his own but won't be allowed a ball.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)