+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT WMCs

OT WMCs

Seeing as the topic of WMCs has come up on another thread, and to save me trolling the internet, which WMCs have now been demolished or put to use as a antique shop etc. And what is your favourite memory of one of the extinct ones ?.
    Clubs only, no pubs

Albion Road, spent many a Saturday night in there. Been closed a long time now. A good pint o' stones to be had in there.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Seeing as the topic of WMCs has come up on another thread, and to save me trolling the internet, which WMCs have now been demolished or put to use as a antique shop etc. And what is your favourite memory of one of the extinct ones ?.
    Clubs only, no pubs
    Tinsley WMC

Snooker room, lounge, concert room, bowling green, beer vouchers at Christmas

Played football for them

Many good acts, I particularly liked the humour of the Discoes

Now demolished

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Albion Road, spent many a Saturday night in there. Been closed a long time now. A good pint o' stones to be had in there.
    When did it close?

Actually still going but when I was 18 I played football for Ye Olde Village Club in dinnington.

Subs were a tenner for life. No swearing, no telly, no phones, no women members.

Just cheap beer, cards, darts and dominoes. A bandit with £75 jackpot and a mini tote.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    When did it close?
    Wanchai, I've just checked and like Scum buddy as stated, it is still actually open, I thought it had closed. I know it changed it's name to the Albion Road Social WMC and became a members only club so not a member no admittance etc.

Northgate club - Mexborough / Hope Club - Mexborough [ Now houses on site )

Brickyard Club - Mexborough [ Now Jevovah witness place ]

Main Street Club - Mexborough { Building still there ]

Bowbroom Club - Swinton [ Now a McColls supermarket ]

Northcliffe Club - Denaby [ Now housing, flats ? ]

Private Clubs - works related.

Dale Brown's sports club - Swinton

Stelrads Club - Swinton [ Was a nut/bolt making place, last time I looked. ]

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wanchai, I've just checked and like Scum buddy as stated, it is still actually open, I thought it had closed. I know it changed it's name to the Albion Road Social WMC and became a members only club so not a member no admittance etc.
    It was very much open last year and still making a profit with Dave Stainrod the secretary, where it’s customers come from is anybody’s guess ? most people round there are Asians so don’t drink ?

Richmond Park

used to use brooklands club maltby.
    don't know if is still going.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast