+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT WMCs

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    got banned as what 3 words thought he was from catcliffe.
    zzzzzzzzz.........move on pal. Have another cheap vino.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Told this story before on this board, but in good BBC fashion here’s a repeat

Due to football my team used to play a lot of games in Concord Park in Sheffield. At the end if the matches we used to go to Shiregreen WMC ( home of the Full Monty) for the Sunday afternoon session. That time of day it was bingo and a stripper

Bingo over and the announcer in best Colin Crompton fashion got back in his little box at the side of the stage to announce the appearance of the stripper. “ best of order, all around the room, for..........April”

Anyway April came on and did her bit, she was a big lass and the room seemed to dim a bit when her bits flopped into view but she finished and the curtains closed behind her.

Without missing a beat the announcer said “ thank you April......I think there was a bit of May, June and July there as well”

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Told this story before on this board, but in good BBC fashion here’s a repeat

Due to football my team used to play a lot of games in Concord Park in Sheffield. At the end if the matches we used to go to Shiregreen WMC ( home of the Full Monty) for the Sunday afternoon session. That time of day it was bingo and a stripper

Bingo over and the announcer in best Colin Crompton fashion got back in his little box at the side of the stage to announce the appearance of the stripper. “ best of order, all around the room, for..........April”

Anyway April came on and did her bit, she was a big lass and the room seemed to dim a bit when her bits flopped into view but she finished and the curtains closed behind her.

Without missing a beat the announcer said “ thank you April......I think there was a bit of May, June and July there as well”

Favourite quip of the Rawmarsh CC compare. "Would those sitting at the front please refrain from putting beer bottles on the stage. The girls will provide their own props if necessary"

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    zzzzzzzzz.........move on pal. Have another cheap vino.
    Brin stop being so touchy. having cheap shots . life's too short.

I think the Tanic has seen better days

Name:  Tanic.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  100.3 KB

Wingfield club in the 70's and 80's. Saturday night was electric. So many good bands around at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think the Tanic has seen better days

Name:  Tanic.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  100.3 KB
    It’s not there now. Been demolished and houses & Bungalows are being built on the site.

The Wickersley Club still seems to exist - though now called a Social Club according to their FB page. With the gentrification of the village I suppose the "working mens' club" title no longer fitted. My grandad was a regular when they moved back to Wickersley from Blythe in 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    The Wickersley Club still seems to exist - though now called a Social Club according to their FB page. With the gentrification of the village I suppose the "working mens' club" title no longer fitted. My grandad was a regular when they moved back to Wickersley from Blythe in 1960.
    Still going strong. Great Northern Soul night once a month. Packed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast