+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Financial Accounts 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    The "local" papers seem to have an abundance of stories about the Dee wins and reformation positivity etc. Whilst we have one or two mainly about our manager going and the accounts. I believe if the dee were to have made safety and move to 7th in league it would have been a 24 page full colour pull out with cannigia esque minter quotes about being better than a cup win. Hey ho
    True. The Goebbels style Dee PR machine is in top gear but we just keep going about our business quietly and efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Maybe Backrow Arab can clear this up for me? I thought that at least part of the loss for the previous year was due in part to investment ie not specifically trading losses? Not sure if I'm confused. com
    Nope, was trading losses. Mainly due to getting rid of Lazslo and changing squads in the middle of the season.

Accounts have gone up on Companies House, reading them just now. Busy with work, so it might be the weekend before I'm able to give a full breakdown.

Just for interest, Ogren has put in £7.2m into the club since he took over. We have took advantage of the £2.8m Government loan. The insurance claim should pay out to cover what we lost in the last 15 months due to COVID (£2.1m in gate receipts for instance).

Will update the thread when I get a chance in a few days.

DUFC Accounts

Dundee United Football Co. Ltd have released their latest accounts.
    @dundeeunitedfc accounts now available. What does @

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Also 120% wage to turnover ratio for 2019/20. That really needs to get sorted. Turnover in theory should have increased in 2020/21, but wouldn't have due to COVID. Really need to get that ratio cut in half.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Accounts have gone up on Companies House, reading them just now. Busy with work, so it might be the weekend before I'm able to give a full breakdown.

Just for interest, Ogren has put in £7.2m into the club since he took over. We have took advantage of the £2.8m Government loan. The insurance claim should pay out to cover what we lost in the last 15 months due to COVID (£2.1m in gate receipts for instance).

Will update the thread when I get a chance in a few days.
    Interesting.

Ogren's £7.2m - does that include the purchase of the club?

The insurance pay out will cover the majority of the govt loan. Providing they don't find a get-out clause somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Interesting.

Ogren's £7.2m - does that include the purchase of the club?

The insurance pay out will cover the majority of the govt loan. Providing they don't find a get-out clause somewhere!
    No, doesn't include the purchase.

Insurance won't cover the government loan, that's separate. That loan doesn't need to be repaid for 20 years and is interest free

No, doesn't include the purchase.

Insurance won't cover the government loan, that's separate. That loan doesn't need to be repaid for 20 years and is interest free
    Unless there was a previous set of accounts (under MO ownership) I'm sure the FIRST set included the costs of paying off the loans secured against Gussie and Tannadice, which, if correct, is part of the cost of acquiring the club.
    Might be wrong, the ex claimed I was often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Unless there was a previous set of accounts (under MO ownership) I'm sure the FIRST set included the costs of paying off the loans secured against Gussie and Tannadice, which, if correct, is part of the cost of acquiring the club.
    Might be wrong, the ex claimed I was often enough.
    Yip, there is no outstanding loans against Tannadice/Gussie.

I think (just think, was a couple of years ago) Mike Martin bought back Gussie before he sold to Ogren

Yip, there is no outstanding loans against Tannadice/Gussie.

I think (just think, was a couple of years ago) Mike Martin bought back Gussie before he sold to Ogren
    I suppose my point is that because the headline loss figure in that first set was about £3m (IIRC) a lot of people have carried over and aggregated the losses which in fact include the cost of buying those loans out and acquiring the shares.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)