+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Financial Accounts 2019-20

But.... I notice you've swerved my question.
    Why would the tight fisted want my daddies money back ST and the banker MM pay off any mortgages in place before a sale to MO?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Why would the tight fisted want my daddies money back ST and the banker MM pay off any mortgages in place before a sale to MO?
    No idea, unfortunately.

did i read £200k in pay offs, wonder who that was, i canna think that far back

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    did i read £200k in pay offs, wonder who that was, i canna think that far back
    Probably some players last left in the summer of 2019 (Edge, Rabbitsch, etc)

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...ng-tangerines/

See Q2

I've looked at the last three sets of Full Accounts.

Covid aside - and it's a big aside - there is some extremely serious gambling going on. Turnover has fallen in three of the previous four years. After the Ogrens took over the losses were eye watering. I think it is a combination of investment in the ground and playing staff.

Wages to turnover has risen astronomically to a completely unsustainable level. It peaked at 133% but has still only fallen to 120% and I understood the 133% figure to be based on the two squads, one season nonsense when we bought most of a team in January.

Looking at the staff complement, I think it is plain to see where the investment has been in staff, and it isn't players.

At the risk of getting into the gossip business, I hope someone asked how much we are paying the new management team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    I've looked at the last three sets of Full Accounts.

Covid aside - and it's a big aside - there is some extremely serious gambling going on. Turnover has fallen in three of the previous four years. After the Ogrens took over the losses were eye watering. I think it is a combination of investment in the ground and playing staff.

Wages to turnover has risen astronomically to a completely unsustainable level. It peaked at 133% but has still only fallen to 120% and I understood the 133% figure to be based on the two squads, one season nonsense when we bought most of a team in January.

Looking at the staff complement, I think it is plain to see where the investment has been in staff, and it isn't players.

At the risk of getting into the gossip business, I hope someone asked how much we are paying the new management team.
    Our staffing levels are ridiculous. Job titles within the academy that we've never had before. Tactical this, technical that, performance this, analysis that. We're operating as if we're Man City.

For anyone that got a paywall there, here's the Q and A

Q How much did buying United cost you?
    A: I will not answer that question directly but what I will say is I have seen some numbers thrown about out there and I wish we were buying it for as little as that! It comes to a combination of money paid to shareholders, money put in for the retirement of debt and a commitment to working capital to ensure funds going forward to do what we need to do to be successful.

------------------------------------

So, shareholding, retirement of debt and working capital.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Our staffing levels are ridiculous. Job titles within the academy that we've never had before. Tactical this, technical that, performance this, analysis that. We're operating as if we're Man City.
    I would imagine a lot of this is part of the requirements for gaining elite youth set-up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)