+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crocks v Canaries.

As I actually managed to watch the whole match undisturbed today I'll take a stab at player markings

David Marshall 6 Nothing to fault him for really
    Kornell McDonald 6 Good enough debut defensively but lacks linkup skills atm going forward
    Andre Wisdom 6.5 ok defensively, if only he'd have more confidence to drive forward and create something
    Teden Mengi 6.5 solid enough, lovely in the box tackle in the second half
    Craig Forsyth 6 ok defensively, can't cross for toffee
    Max Bird 5.5 actually showed some forward energy today, but has no idea how to weight a pass
    Graeme Shinnie 6.5 grafted
    Patrick Roberts 4.5 I was watching in SD with no commentary for 40 minutes and didn't even realise he was playing
    Tom Lawrence 6.5 we needed that flash of Lawrence brilliance to justify his place, we didn't get it today. More graft than usual though
    Kamil Jozwiak 4.5 seems programmed to do the wrong thing every time he gets the ball. Not being nasty, but IMO useless
    Colin Kazim-Richards 5 seems to have lost his mojo, spends too much time joshing with opposition defenders

Maybe I've been spoiled in the past by the high quality of wing play we enjoyed, but my limited view is that we will continue to fail if we adopt a play it out wide policy but then cant get it from the wing into the danger zone

30 goals in 41games, enough said.
    Only the Owls, Rothers and Wycombe can keep us in this division! When all's said and done we ain't capable of helping ourselves with our pathetic scoring record.
    I've been watching The Rams for more than 60 years and I've seen some inept teams but for pure incompetence and a total lack of quality in front of goal this lot win the Gold Medal!

As ever, with DCFC, there are more questions than answers.

Very early doors, a free kick to them in the South West corner against Joz. Never a foul. Why was it given? Cos we are Derby can be the only explanation as it happens week after week.

We were less than average 1st half. Gave them most of the pitch and relied on our 2 banks of 4 to nullify them. It might have worked had our players not conspired to give the ball back to Norwich at the first opportunity following us having the temerity to take it off them in the first place.

Why do we always get refs who seem to favour our opponents?

Why does Rooney set up wrongly every game and then get it right when he rings the changes only to repeat the error next game? I have lost track of the number of times this season I've screamed for us to press and harry the oppo like they do to us. It aint bloody rocket science.

It was odds on that Dowell would score and he did. Great free kick BUT...... why did only Mengi, of the 4 players in the wall, jump? Minutes earlier, Dowell hit a free kick from almost the same position just wide, a more than decent sighter. The wall should have jumped and Marshall was, IMO, too far to his right for the kick, especially taking KD's sighter into account.

The ref appeared biased towards Norwich, didn't he?

McDonald had a good game, the ref didn't.

Fozzy made too many mistakes. Is he planning on becoming a ref when he stops playing?

Bird made a lot of good interventions but countered that with too many under-, over- hit passes plus quite a few wayward ones.

CKR fouled opponents way too often but not as often as he was penalised for "infringements". I am also getting annoyed with the number of times he is pulled up for offside in a game.

Joz seemed to be fighting the ball a lot when he got it and, on the few occasions he did get it under control, he was surround by 3 or 4 opponents and had no outlet.

Lawro put in some sterling defensive work. Less effective going forward.

Why do we keep getting incompetent refs?

Roberts. Why?

Did I mention the ref was crap?

Derby fans could be forgiven for theorising that there is an EFL conspiracy against us based on the apparent bias and lack of quality the refs show in our games.

The stats are surprising, IMO, it seems we had 39% of the ball but managed 11 shots to their 13 and 3 on target to their 4. In reality neither side looked all that dangerous and 0-0 might have been a better reflection of the game.

One last question. How long will it take for Rooney to realise that we have to get on the front foot from the off? That we have to harry and press opponents like they do to us. It's damned frustrating, I'm not the only one on here who asks this question and it's amazing that nobody at the club, apparently, sees what the problem is.

Here's another. We keep utilising "inverted wingers". The oppo KNOW they are ging to cut inside making them easier to "control". Inverted wingers is a good tactic but I'd like to see them swapping wings regularly throughout the game. It stops the full backs getting used to one play(er) and gives us the opportunity to put crosses into the box. Having said that, every one yesterday, be that from open play or dead ball situations, was overhit, underhit or put into areas where we had no players.........

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    30 goals in 41games, enough said.
    Only the Owls, Rothers and Wycombe can keep us in this division! When all's said and done we ain't capable of helping ourselves with our pathetic scoring record.
    I've been watching The Rams for more than 60 years and I've seen some inept teams but for pure incompetence and a total lack of quality in front of goal this lot win the Gold Medal!
    Huddersfield and Coventry still in the mix too mac. They have to play each other and I doubt we’ll have known a time when any of us have wanted Forest to beat Keogh’s lot quite as much as next Saturday. Oh the irony.

Not sure about the CKR criticism. He hasn’t been great recently but what’s he meant to do, repeatedly ploughing a lone furrow up front with absolutely no service?

Not a lot being said about McClaren’s role anymore.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-04-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Rotherham have too many games in a short space of time. Not possible, unless Derby decide to lose every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Rotherham have too many games in a short space of time. Not possible, unless Derby decide to lose every game.
    Of which we are more than capable!
    TBH, if we win another game I will be amazed, as for two then you're having a larf!
    I agree with everything MA says and I agree about Kaz but at the end of the day one has to take the simple view!
    Whether or not the refs are crap or anti-Derby (or is it anti-Rooney??) one win in ten games, a scoring average of 3/4 per game, a Manager who doesn't know his arse from his elbow and a back-up team who are either no better than local parks standard or frightened of 'The Messiah' says one thing to me 'let's hope there are three worse teams than us'!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)