+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the knee, tribute to Prince Philip conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Really, in today's world, isn't the whole concept of 'football' problematic? Referring to the foot is itself ableist, and framing the narrative in terms of a 'ball' - the crude manifestation of the male gonad - is itself toxic patriarchy. With any luck, once the new Hate Crime Bill is active, we can get the whole thing shut down, including this site. That'll solve the problem.
    Right on sister! And the act of ‘pittin’ the ba’ in the onion sack’ is clearly a metaphor for ***ual penetration with the actions of the defending team and goalkeeper emphasising that it is not consensual and, therefore, rape. We can be proud of our boys for avoiding this abhorrent practice for most of this year.

Really, in today's world, isn't the whole concept of 'football' problematic? Referring to the foot is itself ableist, and framing the narrative in terms of a 'ball' - the crude manifestation of the male gonad - is itself toxic patriarchy. With any luck, once the new Hate Crime Bill is active, we can get the whole thing shut down, including this site. That'll solve the problem.

Well, it'll look like it's solving the problem but surely there's some basement pub we could meet up in.

Excellent point, and you are valid and brave to raise it. Really, the intersection of this game and ***ual/racial violence is too grave to ignore - I don't see how a civilized society can condone it. It's to McInnes' credit that he tried to break away from hurtful traditions such as 'scoring goals'

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well, it'll look like it's solving the problem but surely there's some basement pub we could meet up in.
    They will be eliminated within a generation, don't worry.

They will be eliminated within a generation, don't worry.
    That’s what they’ll think.

TOMORROW BELONGS TO ME

No, that would never work. Prohibition never works, just ask the yanks or the junkies in Glasgow. Could try actually scoring a fair few goals and thereby in the process improve general health and wellbeing.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

TOMORROW BELONGS TO ME
    F 'ucking hell...the world's most hetero***ual man, a fan of Cabaret!!

Nah

Just a fan of the Hitler Youth

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    F 'ucking hell...the world's most hetero***ual man, a fan of Cabaret!!
    I thought it was a reference to The Sensational Alex Harvey Band* album of that name. I know [(.67/37.5) x (fuuckall/fuuckall)] about musicals, although I can tap a toe to a bit of Gilbert and Sullivan light opera.

*[Zal rips the fuuck out the riff of Alice’s ‘School’s Out’, Alex, wearing headmaster cloak and mortar board, flexes cane, and growls, “Remember boays and gurrls, when ye get yer freedom, DON’T PISH IN THE WATTER SUPPLY”]

Nah, it was Cabaret

Despite all the poofiness in the film, the song is particularly poignant.

For Red Max’s information, I’m particularly fond of an evening at the opera or ballet.
    All in a “behind the iron curtain “ sort of way.

Ah, Ekaterina Maximova, if only our times and paths had crossed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast