+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guardiola the real deal

Guardiola the real deal

Watched City last night and for the first half I really believed PSG were going to be some opposition where we we told pochetiono was one of the best managers and had all this talent at his disposal and they were all great to train and no big egos etc etc.

They look a good side and I feared city may struggle to get a draw , pundits asking re changes at half time etc , the second half started and but for a few minor alterations by what is a genius manager the game was flipped on its head and city were steam Rolling all over Paris , wave after wave of attack and chances, amazing football.

Just thought I’d post for Pep as his philosophy is brilliant and the way he puts it into practice is amazing.

Can’t see any team challenging them really without massive investment and real quality players in every position.

I agree with what you say, and believe he and his team are destined for continued success. However, he fielded a weakened team in the FA Cup semi final, which also didn’t go unnoticed, as his team were beaten by Chelsea. With the money the club has spent in recent years, you would expect them to be winning trophies on a regular basis. Like the Chelsea game with Real, City will be hot favourites to reach the final. I’d be surprised if both teams haven’t got through, by this time next week.Whether Guardiola is able to lift the Champions League trophy in Turkey at the end of May ,remains to be seen.There is a lot of football to be played before then, and at the moment,it’s still in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I’d be surprised if both teams haven’t got through, by this time next week.Whether Guardiola is able to lift the Champions League trophy in Turkey at the end of May ,remains to be seen.There is a lot of football to be played before then, and at the moment,it’s still in the balance.
    The beauty of these ties is that Chelsea and Manchester City are favourites to go through after the first legs but you cannot discount Real Madrid or PSG. These are real competitive games. The ESL was a sham and because of the utterances of Florentino Pérez and the silence of Zinedine Zidane I hope Chelsea go through to the Final. PSG must score at least twice at the Etihad but they are well capable of that if they can get Neymar and Mbappe on the ball.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)