+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMAD Crash Pad

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The Mansfield Road property seems to have been sold. I saw a couple working on it last week.
    Thanks, WCM. I had another look online and it seems it did sell at auction in March 2019 for $25,000. Did it look like it was being returned to housing rather than another shop?

It's tiny - details say about 450 square feet. One up one down with a downstairs scullery and toilet. I went in and had a look around when it was the tattoo place. Very odd going back in again after more than fifty years

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Thanks, WCM. I had another look online and it seems it did sell at auction in March 2019 for $25,000. Did it look like it was being returned to housing rather than another shop?

It's tiny - details say about 450 square feet. One up one down with a downstairs scullery and toilet. I went in and had a look around when it was the tattoo place. Very odd going back in again after more than fifty years
    I remember it as a tattoo studio. It looked like it has been turned back into living space. The kitchen seemed to be the front room. I'll get a picture next time I go past. My only problem is uploading onto the site.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    How about this place CT/Sota for crashing on our trips back? Just 20K each and at the end of the lane down to the Roundwood training ground so ideal for getting the inside story on the Millers

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/79077630#/

(PS This was the home of my best friend through grammar school/6th form)
    Why do auctioneers exaggerate about how far property is to the nearest train station? Anyone worth their salt would know it's at least 3 miles to the town centre from Green Lane. Is this misrepresentation in order to sell the property?

How about this place CT/Sota for crashing on our trips back? Just 20K each and at the end of the lane down to the Roundwood training ground so ideal for getting the inside story on the Millers

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/79077630#/

(PS This was the home of my best friend through grammar school/6th form)
    One thing CAMiller, the neighbours would be Happy,
    Having you living next door, they would get their Council Tax Reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I remember it as a tattoo studio. It looked like it has been turned back into living space. The kitchen seemed to be the front room. I'll get a picture next time I go past. My only problem is uploading onto the site.
    Thanks again, WCM. Good to hear. I've just checked the latest picture on Google Earth and all the signage is down and it looks like they're replastering at the front. A picture would be good if you can work the upload - but don't worry if you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Looks alright that and my family used to live on Green Lane in the early 1900s so it’d be home from home! My great grandparents were further down and my great uncle had the premises on the corner of Dale Road and Green Lane that was a chippy for many years. (He had it as a confectioners then.)

An even better deal for me was 2 Mansfield Road off Wellgate that was on auction for about £26000 a couple of years ago. Last used as a Tattoo parlor but me Auntie Flo lived there for many years after the war! I was tempted...
    There must be some sort of 6 degrees of separation here. About 5 years ago, we were at resort in Cabo St. Lucas watching a Michael Jackson tribute act. We were sat at a table with a couple we didn't know and as he was speaking to his wife I turned to Mrs. CA and said "It sounds like he's from South Yorkshire". In the interval we got talking and asked the obligatory "Where are you from question?". "Yorkshire" came the reply. "So am I" I said. "Whereabouts?" "Doncaster" he said. "I'm from Rawmarsh" I said. "Actually, we own a chip shop in Rawmarsh" he said, "the one on the corner of Dale Road and Green Lane". "That's the chip shop we use whenever we are back there" I said. Small world! Turns out his wife was brought up just about 1/2 mile from where we lived, in the same street where Matt Hamshaw's Dad lived.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    So which GS was that CAM, and when?
    Mexborough 1972-79 (I suppose strictly it was only a GS from 72-74 before it became Mexborough School)

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Be great in summer in that back garden
    With Crash grilling up lunch for us ex-pats?

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Remember the chippy well.
    I used to live just up the road from that house on Green Lane.
    Had many a happy night over the road in the Crown
    (which coincidently is now a chippy ) watching football, when Mick & Denise used to have it.
    They'd go and get some chips from there for half time grub.
    What years was that Magyar?

Anyone remember The Matador just along from the chippy, down the road opposite the H&J? Rawmarsh's premier 'nite spot' for dancing the night away.

What years was that Magyar?

Anyone remember The Matador just along from the chippy, down the road opposite the H&J? Rawmarsh's premier 'nite spot' for dancing the night away.
    I was on Beartree Street, Parkgate up to being 10. Then over to Kimmy Park up to being 16, then back to Rawmarsh.

That's when I was on Green Lane so '83 to about '91

After a few years in Sheffield I was also on Park Street for about 4 years before moving over to Swinton/Kilnhurst, the houses on the old bacon factory site on Carlisle Street.

I remember the Matador being there, but not sure if it was still open, I've a vague memory of my Mum telling me she'd been.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast