+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMAD Crash Pad

Was the owner of the chippy at one time called Mr Santini (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Sounds like you're slowly being eviscerated, technically, WCM! Please don't fret about a photo on my behalf. It was very kind of you just to let me know how things stood with 2 Mansfield Road. All being well, I shall make a UK visit in November or so and will take a look.
    It might be my phone. In dog years it will be about 60.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Was the owner of the chippy at one time called Mr Santini (or something like that).
    When I lived in Maidstone the owner of the local chippy was called Mr Saveloy, apparently it really was his name, not made up

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    When I lived in Maidstone the owner of the local chippy was called Mr Saveloy, apparently it really was his name, not made up
    Lol. You dont get Saveloy up here. Its more a Southern thing.

Yes, sad really, I liked them

I think the chippy we used to go to in Swinton in the late 70s/early 80s sold saveloy as well as small and big sausage.

I thought saveloys were just what they used to call chip shop sausages, apparently not, they're more like hot dogs.

Greasy Lils chip shop was across from Robin Hood [ gone ], one down Queen Street [ now Chinese ],
    one on corner next to Station hotel [ Closed ], Leslies chip shop next to Red House [ pizza place ]
    One top side of Kings Head [ now Chinese ].
    One chip shop opened low side traffic lights near Gate Inn, called Carls Plaice, he could not make
    it pay, sold to a Chinese family. All these Swinton

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I thought saveloys were just what they used to call chip shop sausages, apparently not, they're more like hot dogs.
    Yes but a bit spicier if you get the right ones

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Greasy Lils chip shop was across from Robin Hood [ gone ], one down Queen Street [ now Chinese ],
    one on corner next to Station hotel [ Closed ], Leslies chip shop next to Red House [ pizza place ]
    One top side of Kings Head [ now Chinese ].
    One chip shop opened low side traffic lights near Gate Inn, called Carls Plaice, he could not make
    it pay, sold to a Chinese family. All these Swinton
    Leslie's is the one I'm on about. Great chippie. Used to call in after making our way down through Swinton to The Ship. Dependent upon the time in relation to last orders it was either the final stop before hopping on a bus home to Rawmarsh or continuing on into Mexborough. Went in the one just below the Gate on a trip back about 4 years ago when it was probably Carl's Plaice and it seemed OK.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast