+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Huddersfield v The Millers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MillersMad Matchthread - Huddersfield v The Millers

Trying too hard! Can that be a thing? And if it is, why is there no reset when things are going wrong?

That truly is my question.. Should we go into each game as if we can win it? Warne has said this week that he'd be happy to lose 10 - 0 against QPR and win another 3. I've said it and others have said it, we should have been choosing the matches that we can win and go all out for them with our best team.

Best team? What is our best team? My opinion is that we have too many good midfielders creating an inbalance in the team. Playing folk out of position isn't the best thing but sometimes it works as a stop gap. Vaulks was good at it and we profitted from him filling in for a game but the next game he normally had a stinker and it's not just him because it's like having a bricky doing carpentary. He can get by but when anything skilled comes along he struggles.

I don't want to be over critical btu I fear for our management team if we don't stay up this season. It's the first time I've felt that the fans may be being heard over the sense that needed to be.
    Look, if we go down would that be a shock? If we stayed up it would be a fantastic achievement so no it wouldn't be. Whilst ever the players wages are so ridiculously high then well run clubs like our will always struggle.

The fantastic achievement of staying up will bring in extra cash or stop us losing as much. Being in the Championship for a long period is the only way that the team will improve and the more likely we are at being able to buy and sell players at a higer value.

This is shît or bust week! If we don't do well then the likelyhood of us going down is stronger. BUT! We have players back from injury! Players we know can pull the rabbit out of the hat, grab the bull by the horns, players stronger than an ox, and players that in two shakes of a lambs tail can have turned this around!

We can do this! We can survivve and we can be in this division in August!

Come on everyone let's get behind the boys and support them through this most difficult period!

Enjoy the Match the best you can guys and gals!

Nice rallying call as ever frog, and a good call ( you arent the only one) about playing players out of position.
    When I saw the team for the Wycombe game, I thought it was a strong team to put out, but others thought it was too unbalanced with players, such as wiles, playing out of position, and others saying there was no width in the team.
    Ironically we got worse when PW gave us width at half time, but now we start the week which defines our season.
    Does PW try to keep it tight or does he go for it? pressure does funny things to players in important games but after Monday I would put the round peg in the round hole because we are more than capable of getting a result here, and the 3-5-2 that has served us so well this season has to be played, UTM

We should go out with a winning mind no matter who we’re playing

I’ll be standing for the two minute silence today

Come on Millers!!!!!

I’d take 7 points. 2 wins a draw and a loss. We have to keep the faith. Stay up or relegation I’d keep the manager.

Good post Froggy. You say that we have "too many" good midfielders and I sort of agree with that. But the other way of looking at their

contribution could lead you to conclude that they're not good enough. I'm thinking of goals contribution from that area. I think we have

become too dependent on Smudge, with the occasional worldie from Freddie. As iconic Smudge is, he can't rescue us on his own.

There's no doubt that on our day we can be very good, however

1. We average less than a point per game
    2. We still make the schoolboy defensive errors at crucial times
    3. Our delivery from set pieces is still below par
    4. We have square pegs in round holes
    5. We are predictable, every manager in the league knows how we play
    6 We have a plan A and only a plan A when it comes to tactics

But most importantly

7. Our confidence appears to be very low

But hey-ho we could win today and get a general pick me up from that

We have too many unknowns to confidently predict anything

All I want to see is a good performance from all the team. Some goals too!! First time ever last Monday I stopped watching before the end. It’s going to be a stressful week for everyone concerned. We haven’t been great at home this season so that needs to change. The rollercoaster ride starts in a few hours. UTM!!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We should go out with a winning mind no matter who we’re playing

I’ll be standing for the two minute silence today

Come on Millers!!!!!
    The team must yes. We have a squad which should reflect the importance of the game.

We have a prem ref
    LEE MASON
    Nick Hopton and Edward Smart
    Fourth Official : Declan Bourne

Name:  77D7B995-8DB7-43D5-9FFB-43171342FE6A.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  24.5 KB

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast