+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloggers getting new contracts

I could see it.

He'll also genuinely believe it's a fair move for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    There won't be anywhere near 52000 as long as Ashley owns the club.
    Oh yes there will, nothing will change man the whiners will still turn up instead of doing something!

He was giving away thousands of tickets before the pandemic and it still wasn't full.

I can’t imagine him getting a new contract unless it’s another act of spite from Ashley to supporters. I agree with previous posts that Bruce won’t be capable of facing even a half full stadium. We’ve all watched how prickly he is in interviews about any criticism coming his way on social media so when people are bawling him out from a few feet away, he’ll be even more displeased. It’s got to be all about the payoff and who blinks first, which so far hasn’t been Bruce. Not blinking will be a lot harder in front of actual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I can’t imagine him getting a new contract unless it’s another act of spite from Ashley to supporters. I agree with previous posts that Bruce won’t be capable of facing even a half full stadium. We’ve all watched how prickly he is in interviews about any criticism coming his way on social media so when people are bawling him out from a few feet away, he’ll be even more displeased. It’s got to be all about the payoff and who blinks first, which so far hasn’t been Bruce. Not blinking will be a lot harder in front of actual fans.
    It's not spite man, it's the logical actions of a pragmatic money man with zero interest in developing the club.

The Club is part of his SD machine. It is the promotion of the brand. It serves it's purpose at a required cost point agreed by Ashley and cronies.

He's not going to waste his time, money or effort removing Cabbage, paying him off, bringing in another character who is going have his own demands.

Fatso has the cowardly bullet proof vest he needs in the dugout. Cabbage is doing his job with Aplomb; taking all the heat from press and fans, defending the indefensible.

If he keep NUFC in the Premier League I'm sure there will be a the Cashley bonus in the mail & a new contract is not too far fetched.

In the few days after the thrashing; during the International break, there was a hive of activity reported at the stadium and training ground. That evening the club said they are sticking with Cabbage.

It's clear they have no intention of replacing him now or in the summer.

Who else is going to be ok with the club spending zero in the summer and bringing in no new players?

Answers on a postcard to Cabbage heed mansions, NE1 4KF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)