+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool United 10.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    DKE in midfield! Unorthodox I know, but we might even win the odd second ball - imagine that!
    Might be worth a try. What we could really use is a player like Curtis Thompson. Funny that.

I also agree that it wasn’t terrible, to be fair. We were simply beaten by a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Disagree. We had most of the possession in the second half. They managed about two shots after the break, one of which went in (when we had 10 men).

It wasn't a great performance, but i honestly don't think they looked loads better. A draw would have been a fair result.
    Thing is though, they've got a lead to protect in the 2nd half and we're looking for an equaliser. If we're making comparisons for future reference regards the play-offs then you've got to lend weight to the 1st half with the score still level. I wouldn't be too confident if Pools are in the play offs with us.
    We've took 4 points off Stockport and beaten Torquay. We've also beaten Chesterfield but they've come on leaps and bounds since. Halifax we drew away and lost at home.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Lay that mess squarely at Burchinall’s door.
    Who’s Burchinall?

Wootton won every header today, but he was too deep for my liking. Our final ball is poor and Enzio has lost all purpose. All of his threat has been taken away.

Griffiths looks another waste of a loan and the central midfield just isn't dynamic enough.

We can't hammer Birchnall for the rubbish squad. That is Ardley and Abbott's doing.
    I agree about Griffiths he is hopeless and it was what I feared when he joined he played the grand total of 11 minutes for Crewe.

This was my point a few weeks back about signing other clubs kids who let’s face it aren’t good enough so we might as well play our own as daft as it sounds!

We are play off bound we look like we’ll finish between 5-7th we aren’t good enough to finish higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Very poor today. Passing in midfield was dreadful, particularly as we are supposed to be a passing side. Very sad to see Roberts limping off.
    How many times have we left it until the second half, and a change of tactics at half time, before we start to play?
    Never mind, we’ll have Doyle and Reeves back together again, next weekend!
    How worryingly true. IB seems to have really taken to Reeves so the terrific 2 will be back in tandem sooner rather than later.
    Solihull are another team who will be in our faces on Tuesday night having watched this so more of the same I think..

Disagree. We had most of the possession in the second half. They managed about two shots after the break, one of which went in (when we had 10 men).

It wasn't a great performance, but i honestly don't think they looked loads better. A draw would have been a fair result.
    Really? They may not have looked loads better, but they were definitely better, and a draw would be very unfair on them.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I agree about Griffiths he is hopeless and it was what I feared when he joined he played the grand total of 11 minutes for Crewe.

This was my point a few weeks back about signing other clubs kids who let’s face it aren’t good enough so we might as well play our own as daft as it sounds!

We are play off bound we look like we’ll finish between 5-7th we aren’t good enough to finish higher.
    And Ruben cant even get on....

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We're certainly no better, but it's still too early to call him a muppet.

He's definitely had a very uninspiring start though.
    In some people's eyes he was a muppet for two games when he'd just walked through the door, then he wasn't for two he showed promise , now he's a muppet again! It really is big swings on a game by game basis.Classic internet overreaction my mate Stall and me can't take seriously

You can count the number of IB games on one hand still, yet NCM muppets have already formed an definitive opinion. It makes you wonder if they even understand football it wouldn't surprise me if we see a Burchnall Out thread .....

Thankfully it's great to still see plenty of supporters on here who clearly understand the situation, the weaknesses, the imbalance and above all the IB timescale involved to date.

Ruben can’t get on because he’s a creative but kind of luxury player who needs some midfielders behind him who can do some of his running. We have none.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast