+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool United 10.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    That may be. But you can make a couple of counter punches then.
    1. So we're defending the new manager's tactics by saying he's copied the old managers. I think we have to assume IB come to the 3-5-2 independently.
    2. My original point was about the player buying policy, but the Griffiths substitution ended up having quite a few consequences.

- The formation ended up being 5-2-3 (The wing backs were more back than wing)
    - We ran out of substitutes when we gambled on Roberts, due to the Griffiths early substitution.
    - As another poster has said, Wooten and Knowles aren't playing as a pair, and it would have been better to bring Knight on as the impact player, with 20 minutes to go.

Having said all this, supporters need to get behind the new Manager, even if my match rating for IB yesterday would be a 3.
    I think the Knight substitution basically worked - despite the goals coming then, the game was much more even after it.

Ultimately I don’t think we lost yesterday because of anything IB did or didn’t do tactically, they’re just a better team than we are. I do agree on the Griffiths signing, he’s just adding to the problems in midfield rather than doing anything to solve them.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The substitution was purely a tactical decision bringing a forward on for a midfielder to nullify their center backs, who were apparently bringing the ball from deep and dictating the play. Changing personnel, formations and tactics during the first half (possibly first 70 mins) was something completely alien to Mr Ardley.
    Not just Mr Ardley, we've have many many managers before Pedro that refused to make a tactical change prior to half time no matter what they were seeing. This criticism isn't anywhere close to being confined to just NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Did the change alter the course of the game? 0-0 when made.

Burchnall out.
    Kneejerk? Or hugely tongue in cheek?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I never could see the point in taking inexperienced youngsters on loan. Sign them on permanently and bring them on, OK, but for temporary use and straight in the side you might as well get a player with experience. A young lad is still learning his trade and we can't afford to carry someone who is basically an apprentice.
    Unless his name is Jack Grealish, Callum McGregor, Tom Ince or Marc Bola if course.

All young, still very much learning their trade and all absolute quality for Notts. All depends on their natural ability Laxton.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Dodgy timing of his substitutes yesterday. One lesson he should have learned is not to bring on a player with iffy fitness as your third and last sub. Another one might be that Wooton and Knowles don't seem to pair well, but as there was such a gap between those two and the rest of the team they could hardly be blamed for so few chances. I would also say there was no variation, imagination or creation at all from his midfield. Also, a blind man on a galloping horse could see placing Enzio in a defensive role was a MAJOR fault, not rectified till Hartlepool had taken full advantage and peppered our penalty area with crosses. I hope IB's learning curve veers sharply upwards after seeing this plan(?) collapse. Expect transfer requests from Roberts and Enzio.
    Enzio is out of contract, Roberts will be happy to have a club paying his medical bills during the summer, he's currently a non footballer. Wootton could well want way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Did the change alter the course of the game? 0-0 when made.

Burchnall out.
    I'm sure you're joking but I'm sitting with my arms crossed with little faith in Mr Burchnall. Getting to half time at 0-0 would not have been failiure. Weakening our already weak midfield to add an extra striker didn't look like an act of genius. Putting DKE on, pushing Enzio up for Griffiths would have been more pragmatic and not just in hindsight. Enzio was getting slaughtered down that wing.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Enzio is out of contract, Roberts will be happy to have a club paying his medical bills during the summer, he's currently a non footballer. Wootton could well want way though.
    To be honest, as much as I like Enzio, he's probably the highest paid player in the league (maybe second after Madden now), and doesn't really contribute the volume of goals and assists to justify it. I suspect we'll offer him something, but probably on reduced terms.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    To be honest, as much as I like Enzio, he's probably the highest paid player in the league (maybe second after Madden now), and doesn't really contribute the volume of goals and assists to justify it. I suspect we'll offer him something, but probably on reduced terms.
    This^^^
    Don't get me wrong, I think Enzio is brilliant but does he offer enough, often enough to warrant the wages we all assume he is on? We either need to use him more effectively or find someone else. As Jacob says, chances are he may well not choose to stay anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well you got to give him time, next season for sure

This is why i vocally and persistantly, put on here to get rid of Ardley . You reap what you sow, and this is what we have reaped, Ardley was average at best, he wasted 2 seasons at this level, always backed by excuses, and give him more time etc this is where it got us
    Well now we are cemented at this level, and the new man has got undo all this
    This brings a single tear to my eye and makes me feel a little warm inside to read Davy type this words.

Of course fans should judge him after games, as you would judge individual player perfomances and the game as a whole. Analysis of games post match is a big part of NCM.

But naturally you can only apply nominal weight on the opinion of the new manager after just a handful of games.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Agree. He's better than our other options but like Dennis never has justified his handsome weekly wage, although he got a lot closer than Kristian did. As Jacob said must be on a huge wage for this level and even played in his correct most effective position we can't be playing one or two players disproportionate excessive wages.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast