+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool United 10.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Quite a scrappy start and we're being sloppy with the ball
    Scrappy? We're well under the cosh but it's all part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Allowing far too many crosses and nothing from us.
    It absolutely infuriates me how lazy defensive wide players are these days in stopping crosses. Nobody closes down or makes a tackle properly anymore. They just stop 5-10 yards away from the winger and put their arms behind their back as if that's going to achieve anything.

I hate to mention an ex-Red on this message board, but I'd love to go back to the days of full-backs like Stuart Pearce who intimidated attacking wide players and put both the ball and the man in the stand.

Most of the possession by Hartlepool so far with them pushing alot of players forward in the Notts half. However in spite of their more dominant play and pressure we are weathering the storm and no side has had any shots on target.

Notts need to try and get some passing going in the Hartlepool half and try and open them up. Could be a good opportunity for counter attack when we get chance.

Pools crosses coming over far too easily. Enzio totally wasted in defence. ALL the play in Notts half.

If they score from a cross after this many warnings, I'm going to be a bit annoyed.

Waste of time Slocombe rolling the ball out, we’re outnumbered in our own half.

How did that not go in?

We just need the ball a bit more, we’ve had no period of possession it just keeps coming back. So far we’re not stopping the many crosses at source but thankfully dealing with them in the middle. Griffiths and Knowles not controlling the ball when it comes to them and Chicksen in particular seems to be turning back instead of looking forward with the ball. Might be he’s not being given an option. Every game both teams have periods of dominance, if we continue to weather this hopefully when we get a look in we can capitalise.

Why is Griffiths in the team - useless!!

Best chance we have is that Pools run out of energy.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast